This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 02:53:14 am    Post subject:

I know I have made a monumental return like 5 times and blah blah blah so I am not going to explain how Contra is going really good or how Contra will be done!! I am just letting you know that with recent developements I have become re-motivated about this project and am working on it. I am not giving any promises on a release date for the editor and v1.1 or Contra, however I just wanted UTI to know that all hope is not lost. I am trying, and hope to deliver this to UTI very soon.

As far as Contra 2 goes. I really dont know, I am really anxious to incorporate my many ideas and really feel like it could be an awesome hit. If I do decide to make a Contra 2 after the Editor is released I will do so however I will go about the project in alot of different ways. I will have a developement team consisting of:

1. graphics
2. boss programming
3. storyline director
4. optimization
5. Other

And whatever else I can think of. This was other UTI members can help out alot and help motivate me to keep going. I am trying my best guys. Sorry for my failure Sad I refuse to let Contra die!!!
MeBeatYou

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 11:37:25 am    Post subject:

I was just wondering... Is this a game that runs on ION? If not, It'd be great if someone would port it for ION Smile
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 01:01:22 pm    Post subject:

The game is made is BASIC... therefore no. :biggrin:
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 04:04:58 pm    Post subject:

I'd be overly happy to help... I can do GFX, Optimization, and any little tidbits you want...
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 07:03:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
  I'd be overly happy to help... I can do GFX, Optimization, and any little tidbits you want...

It is a little early to start assigning people but I will keep it in mind. However I pretty much already have a graphics advisor. Andrew T...Makes Cyan look like an amatuer Smile
MeBeatYou

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 08:46:45 pm    Post subject:

Well the reason i asked about Ion is because Contra is a huge game to be running straight from my RAM when i already have a bunch of basic math and science things that i use quite often.

I'll see if i can work it in :biggrin:
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 09:22:55 pm    Post subject:

Put a : on the first line and run it from Mirage.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 11:23:48 pm    Post subject:

well I was going to make a basic builder version and make it an application to save RAM. However I suppose I could do that aswell. That would really help the speed of the game.

Quote:
Well the reason i asked about Ion is because Contra is a huge game to be running straight from my RAM when i already have a bunch of basic math and science things that i use quite often.

I'll see if i can work it in biggrin.gif

Sure go ahead man and let me know what you come up with. Ill post some screens here I guess of the lvl editor even tho it hasnt really changed much. Maybe ill give you some of my bosses that I have been thinking up. However XP makes the TI Connect screen capture software f up so I guess ill have to get screens my another means... :hmpf:

Last edited by Guest on 16 Nov 2005 11:24:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 12:03:21 am    Post subject:

for screen shooting try this :
http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/phpBB2...topic.php?t=412
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 08:16:38 am    Post subject:

sound nice, i hope to see the lv editor come out someday and to be able to play contra more in the future. I only got to the end of the first level Sad
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 12:13:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
  sound nice, i hope to see the lv editor come out someday and to be able to play contra more in the future. I only got to the end of the first level sad.gif

The first level?!??!?! Thats the biggst piece of crap level there is lol. Gotta get to level 6 and play the castle Sad lol btw hey Kevin :biggrin:

Quote:

Thanks, yeah VTI is officially a piece of crap :biggrin:

So guess what ahahahah I backkuped the Lvl editor and as soon as I did my SE cleared RAM haahha PHEW!!
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 05:04:16 pm    Post subject:

I never even finished the first level Sad I decided to a ) Rip the crap out of the game, and b ) my calc tanked

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2005 05:39:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 05:39:17 pm    Post subject:

Lol yeah alot of people ripped the crap out of it. Some guy sent me a remake of my engine saying like "This is my attempt of recreating what you did". And it was the slowest thing youve ever seen...and I played it on my SE lol.

But yeah level 6 is freaking awesome and even has a little exchange of dialougue between urself and your brother before you save him. Its pretty cool :biggrin:
katmaster

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 11:10:29 pm    Post subject:

So, is this pure BASIC, or with the help of like Codex or xLIB or some ASM thing?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2005 11:17:00 pm    Post subject:

I only program in Pure BASIC. :biggrin: Contra has already been released. Im just making a level editor and releasing a v1.1 of the game. :biggrin:

http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?download=95
MissingIntellect

Posted: 18 Nov 2005 11:55:26 am    Post subject:

I could never manage to beat the boss in the first level... Cool
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2005 04:07:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I could never manage to beat the boss in the first level... wacko.gif

Well at least I know Contra was hard lol

* I finally got the saving of frames working flawlessly. Im so fucking happy I got it working right. Its definitely coming along good :biggrin: !!!
CDI

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Nov 2005 02:09:03 pm    Post subject:

I wrote my own engine... it was slow too Very Happy but that was before I ripped Contra Neutral >_>
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Nov 2005 04:05:39 pm    Post subject:

Neutral
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Nov 2005 12:33:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
  I wrote my own engine... it was slow too laugh.gif but that was before I ripped Contra Neutral >_>

Lol I feel so used. Fine just take my engine and Go...JUST GO!! lol :biggrin:

Level Editor going good, got alot of features added to it and I can truthfully say its nearing completion. SWEET!!!!

Heres Some Screens :biggrin:

What I hope to achieve in Contra 2:

Last edited by Guest on 22 Nov 2005 02:12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement