This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. NimbusOS => Your Projects
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 04:46:44 pm    Post subject:

This topic is strictly for the reporting and discussing of bugs. Non-related posts will be deleted.
A good bug report should include a detailed description of how to recreate the bug.
The version # of the TIOS may also be of interest to us.

We will ask you for more info, if we need it.
Other than that, we wish you good luck with the testing, and hope that the bugs found aren't too serious Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2005 06:59:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
chipmaster

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 06:29:39 pm    Post subject:

For some reason Nimbus has a program at the top of the list called calcdb2. I have no such program on my calculator so I assume that Nimbus created it somehow. When I run the program it comes up with
Quote:
Err:Argument
Module: 3OKVIN
Statement=
->AnDeriv(dim(IS>
(dim( xor ClrTab
lePrompt Clog(Ut
an(int(Usqrt(rowSwa

I am running this on my TI84 plus silver edition. I have tried clearing my ram, but the program remains there. My OS is 2.30 and BOOT Code 1.00 BASE Code 2.30, if any of that matters. I don't know of any way to recreate this.

Also I noticed a very slight graphical problem at the main menu. Sometimes I have noticed that the right part of the black bar that indicates the program you are on will move ahead of the left two parts of it. I am able to, in some cases, achieve a separation that lasts almost a half of a second, which is noticable. I thought the problem might be my lcd, but even when I selected Use safe LCD delay, I still noticed the delay. I want to make it clear that this doesn't happen each program I scroll down, but at random occurences. I found it happened most during a transition from rapid downwards scrolling to rapid upwards scrolling.

Otherwise I found Nimbus to be a great Operating system. Good job guys :biggrin:

Edit: It seems the graphic problem is slightly more severe. I ran Nimbus and immediately scrolled up. The bars split permanently. The top of the screen has two spaces of the black bar on the left and the bottom has the rest of the right of it on the right. Also the first two letters of each program didn't update when it went to the bottom of the list when I pressed up, while the rest of the right-most characters of each did. For example I am getting such names as "ASHTZEE" (YAHTZEE) and "ADCLEWRM" (UNCLEWRM). Then pressing up again restored everything.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2005 06:35:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
chipmaster

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 07:16:08 pm    Post subject:

Well I used Nimbus to delete it unfortunately (I thought that you wouldn't need any more specs on it). I had cleared my ram so all of it was free Smile. I have all of the standard apps that come with the 84 silver. I guess it could be any of the follow (a list of the ones I have actually used):
CSheetEs
Cabamap
CabriJr
CtlgHelp
Inequalz
Krolypto
MirageOS
NoteFolio
Omnicalc
PolySmlt
Prob Sim
or PuzzPack

I have tried running through them, attempting to recreate the error, but have been unsuccessful so far. I will keep you posted. To help you further understand it, the lower left icon (the paper) appeared to have an H or a sideways I of somesorts on it. I don't remember if it was a BASIC program or not. Sorry!
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 07:24:45 pm    Post subject:

chipmaster wrote:
Well I used Nimbus to delete it unfortunately (I thought that you wouldn't need any more specs on it).  I had cleared my ram so all of it was free Smile.  I have all of the standard apps that come with the 84 silver.  I guess it could be any of the follow (a list of the ones I have actually used):
CSheetEs
Cabamap
CabriJr
CtlgHelp
Inequalz
Krolypto
MirageOS
NoteFolio
Omnicalc
PolySmlt
Prob Sim
or PuzzPack

I have tried running through them, attempting to recreate the error, but have been unsuccessful so far.  I will keep you posted.  To help you further understand it, the lower left icon (the paper) appeared to have an H or a sideways I of somesorts on it.  I don't remember if it was a BASIC program or not.  Sorry!
[post="60573"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks for the applist. I will go through each one these applications. I suspect that Omnicalc has something to do with this.

The 'paper' icon you mentioned, means 'hidden'. Does NimbusOS say that the prog is archived (closed folder icon, marked with an 'A')?
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 07:55:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I am not sure if it was archived or not, but I think *not positive* it was unarchived.  Dang, I wish I hadn't deleted that...
[post="60584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Don't worry Smile
I now have all the info I need to correct this.
Thanks!

BTW, calcdb2 is used by Krolypto to store passwords.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Nov 2005 07:56:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
chipmaster

Posted: 04 Nov 2005 08:19:25 pm    Post subject:

Glad I could help. BTW do you need more info to fix the problem with the scroll bar. It keeps happening on mine so I could definitely supply any other information you needed on that Smile
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 05:15:31 pm    Post subject:

chipmaster wrote:
Glad I could help.  BTW do you need more info to fix the problem with the scroll bar.  [post="60587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have experienced that bug before, and you've provided enough details for me to address this. I'll get back to you, if I need more info.
-Thanks.
CompWiz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 05:50:47 pm    Post subject:

I have found a few bugs after trying out the new 6 beta for a while:

I downloaded Sqrz to my calc, and it says it requires Ion when I run it, and quits.

When I run the BASIC program Timerize(shows clocks for 84 calcs) it gives me the
Quote:
ERR: Undefined

Module: Timerize
Statement=
->0=LTSET(1

Pushing [ON] to turn calc off is difficult to use, as if you hold it an instant too long or too short, it turns the calc right back on.
I just noticed that this does not happen if I set it to use a safe LCD delay.

When you push [ON] to quit out of a Basic program and it says "press any key", if you press [2nd] or [ENTER] nimbus quits the prog then opens the program again instantly. It would be better if there were a small delay to prevent this. This is, of course, only if the pause after basic programs option is enabled.

The program menu is exceedingly long, as it displays every basic program. In my opinion, you should have displaying basic programs in the list as an option that is, perhaps, even disabled by default. With all the basic programming I do and all the many ION programs I have loaded onto my spacious 84+SE archive, it takes a very, very long time to get too the bottom of the list. I really don't use Basic programs from shells anyway. I am usually editing them from the TI interface, then running them from the program menu. It would take too long to find them in the menu anyway. Also, how about jumping to programs of the letter you press like in the calc programs menu?
MissingIntellect

Posted: 05 Nov 2005 11:56:04 pm    Post subject:

CompWiz wrote:

I downloaded Sqrz to my calc, and it says it requires Ion when I run it, and quits.

The Ion version of Sqrxz must think that NimbusOS is MirageOS. The reason for a seperate vesion for MirageOS and Ion is that Mirage uses on or more memory areas for system use that the Ion version need.
CompWiz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 06 Nov 2005 07:25:05 pm    Post subject:

When I first tested the OS, something weird happened. I played a bunch of different games in a row, then my ram space dissapeared. I looked through the ram menu, but nothing was unarchived. Yet somehow I had about 100 Ram free. A Ram clear fixed it, and I'm not sure if it was NimbusOS or a program. Just thought I'd mention it, as it never happened in CrunchyOS when I used the same programs.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 07:23:00 am    Post subject:

2 serious errors in TI-BASIC programs:
-One of my programs crashed when trying to store to an archived variable. NimbusOS handled the error, and froze. Pressing ON resetted RAM.

-Some TI-BASIC programs that are used as a subroutine are recognized as "unknown program". How do you determine what's an Unknown program? I'd look into that if i were you.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 09:56:24 am    Post subject:

It thinks TI-Basic programs without MOS header are "Unknown"

The first two characters occasionally fall behind when scrolling

I had one crash when I was just scrolling.

anyway I also tried unhiding calcdb2 and it didn't show up in PRGM menu from TI-OS so I hid it again. running it produces and error.

Other than that it is great.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 12:58:09 pm    Post subject:

CompWiz wrote:

When I run the BASIC program Timerize(shows clocks for 84 calcs)  it gives me the
Quote:

Statement=
->0=LTSET(1

[post="60629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I will look into the Sqrz issue. Chances are that this program checks the RAM address immediately after the end of itself, to see if the ION libs are present. Since NimbusOS has the ION libs stored in flash, not RAM, Sqrz might think ION isn't installed. If that's the case, I'll will not fix it.

Does the TIMERIZE program work from the TI-OS? The output from the error handler shows that 0=LTSET caused ERR:UNDEFINED. It looks to me like the programmer thinks he stores 0 into the list, but in fact he is comparing it to zero. And since the list in question doesn't exist, you receive ERR:UNDEFINED.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 01:16:41 pm    Post subject:

CompWiz wrote:
When I first tested the OS, something weird happened.  I played a bunch of different games in a row, then my ram space dissapeared.  I looked through the ram menu, but nothing was unarchived.  Yet somehow I had about 100 Ram free.  A Ram clear fixed it, and I'm not sure if it was NimbusOS or a program.  Just thought I'd mention it, as it never happened in CrunchyOS when I used the same programs.
[post="60752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If this error occurs again, I'd like to know what asm programs you had installed at that time.

leofox wrote:
2 serious errors in TI-BASIC programs:
-One of my programs crashed when trying to store to an archived variable. NimbusOS handled the error, and froze. Pressing ON resetted RAM.

-Some TI-BASIC programs that are used as a subroutine are recognized as "unknown program". How do you determine what's an Unknown program? I'd look into that if i were you.
[post="60786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Strange, I haven't managed to recreate the Err:archived bug. More info on this would be appreciated. Could you send the program via PM?

I also realized that the way NimbusOS distinguishes between unknown and BASIC programs, is far from perfect. However, at the request of the beta testers, the final version of NimbusOS will not run BASIC-programs without headers, and they won't appear in the list by default.
CompWiz

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Nov 2005 06:57:20 pm    Post subject:

David wrote:
CompWiz wrote:

When I run the BASIC program Timerize(shows clocks for 84 calcs)  it gives me the
Quote:

Statement=
->0=LTSET(1

[post="60629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Does the TIMERIZE program work from the TI-OS? The output from the error handler shows that 0=LTSET caused ERR:UNDEFINED. It looks to me like the programmer thinks he stores 0 into the list, but in fact he is comparing it to zero. And since the list in question doesn't exist, you receive ERR:UNDEFINED.
[post="60811"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Timerize runs fine from the TI-OS, and from CrunchyOS(albeit somewhat slowly). You could ask the authors(Spencer Wohlers and Jeremy Steinert of Outdone TI) about it.

Quote:
Quote:
When I first tested the OS, something weird happened.  I played a bunch of different games in a row, then my ram space dissapeared.  I looked through the ram menu, but nothing was unarchived.  Yet somehow I had about 100 Ram free.  A Ram clear fixed it, and I'm not sure if it was NimbusOS or a program.  Just thought I'd mention it, as it never happened in CrunchyOS when I used the same programs.

If this error occurs again, I'd like to know what asm programs you had installed at that time.

Um, do you really want a list of over 60 asm programs? Might take quite a while... :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 07 Nov 2005 06:57:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement