This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
james

Posted: 04 Aug 2003 06:06:44 pm    Post subject:

How would i go about putting text in greyscale on the screen?
This is how i would do it in regular asm
bcall(_cleargbuf)
ld hl,txt
ld a,29
ld (pencol),a
ld a,29
ld (penrow),a
bcall(_vputs)
I think i would have to draw to the 2 buffers..im not sure
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Aug 2003 07:20:39 pm    Post subject:

Ok you would do the same thing but you must remember that it only writes to gbuf. So you will have gray text. I can't remember which data buffer is which so I can't tell you if it'll be light or dark. You could alternate by simply copying the buffers opposite their destined active buffers.

Also you must

call gscopybuffer (only if nodouble buffer is not defined)

Last edited by Guest on 05 Aug 2003 09:46:33 am; edited 1 time in total
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 05 Aug 2003 01:03:40 am    Post subject:

Ahh so your using ducks grayscale kit?

Yeah just use _vputs or something and it will only write it to one buffer (gbuf2 i think) so the text will come out dark grey.

If your not using the kit (and i suggest you do Razz) the you will need another buffer to switch between.
james

Posted: 05 Aug 2003 08:38:45 pm    Post subject:

No,im definatley using duck's greyscale kit from maxcoderz,its the best Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement