This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 06:15:48 pm    Post subject:

Here's a crazy idea. Has anyone done a keylogger program where you can see a history of the latest keystrokes in plain english? It would be a good way to figure out what your buddies are really up to when you loan them that calc during algebra class. Maybe it could even tell you if any vars were modified?

Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2005 06:16:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ductapemaster

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 06:47:44 pm    Post subject:

I like it! I would use it just for fun, but thats a cool idea! You could make a full on spying pogram, so it could tell if they changed a program, write thair own and deleted it, or even have a setting so that they cant delete anything and make the options menu password protected! I have sooo many ideas...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 06:54:21 pm    Post subject:

It would depend on how much memory you would be prepared to allocate to storing the keypresses. I think 2000-4000 bytes is a reasonable amount; create an appvar and a keyhook which would edit that appvar, then another program which would read the appvar and give you the most recent keys (the ones that fit in the appvar; I assume it would start off with the index of the last key written, and wrap around when it got to the end. Possibly also turn key recording on/off with some unlikely key combination such as [on][enter].
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 07:22:06 pm    Post subject:

I guess if we wanted to be really elaborate, you could hide the keylogger and appvar make the whole thing invisible just like WheresMyProgs. Then get a snapshot of the ramsize and VAT tables. Would it be possible to keep all vars from getting changed or is that going overboard?

Last edited by Guest on 13 Sep 2005 07:22:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 08:00:05 pm    Post subject:

It would mess things up for the person using the calculator if it were possible. Can't even play a simple game (in Basic).
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 08:08:34 pm    Post subject:

Sounds cool, but this would only be for fun. I'm sure your gf isn't cheating on you with your borrowed calculator (what keyloggers are usually used for?). Very Happy
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Sep 2005 10:30:57 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a keehook may be in order. I am thinking of an assembly program that on execution loads a key hook and all it's code in memory then deletes itself.

It can then monitor all keys in TI-OS and probably basic programs.

A certain keypress would bring the program up to show reports... and the exit option could unload the hook, and write the program back.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 10:52:27 am    Post subject:

I don't think this would be too difficult, the value of the last pushed key is stored in 'A' after _getkey.
Ductapemaster

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 06:39:14 pm    Post subject:

For me this os just a fun thing, not serious. Anyways, I don't think you CAN cheat on someone using a calculator...I guess you could send them notes...?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 07:03:58 pm    Post subject:

If your girlfriend were your calculator... ah, I'll shut up now. This train of thought is getting a little too disturbing.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement