This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Aug 2005 01:54:09 pm    Post subject:

Altough some people might have heard about this a few days ago, today Omnimaga is officially starting hiring new staff members.

I have been adding a lot of website links and files recently in the archives. However if you visited the website you probably also noticed that sometimes there was a quite large gap of time before I post a news about this or add new ones. This is mainly due to the fact that I have a pretty weird full time working schedule, I never work at the same days and hours every week so my online time is quite sporadic. Also you probably noticed by the large amount of RPG updates that the community is getting more and more active as new school year is coming, in other words more news and updates to do in the near future, making me extremly busy, I miss some RPG and programs updates in the community and my todo list is increasing very fast (I have lot of programs on my desktop and I don't remember what they are, except the TI-85 port of Wacky Fun Random Numbar Generator v.1.000069 lurking on my PC desktop since the past 2 days Smile )

What Omnimaga needs now is active staff willing to help the website improve and keep the calculator community updated about new role playing games and programming tools useful to create them. Here is a list of task that Omnimaga staff and me generally does
-Find good RPGs to add in the archives, not text-based and long enough
-Find new RPG projects
-Post news articles about new programs, RPGs releases and projects (requires to be fluent enough with english)
-Moderate forum posting
-Find new website links related to calculators
-Soon there might be a Pixel art competition or a programming competition here at Omnimaga. A forum will open for idea brainstorming.

If you are intersted register an account on the forums and send me a private message on the forums or e-mail me at omnimaga-at-gmail.com . The only requirements is to agree with the forums rules upon registering and be active.

Last edited by Guest on 16 Aug 2005 03:09:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Aug 2005 07:16:51 pm    Post subject:

Kevin...it is to bad omnimanga is ONLY rpg...ever thought of expanding its scope?
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Aug 2005 03:07:42 pm    Post subject:

actually that was meant to be a calc RPG website when I created it back in early 2004, I wanted something quite original, otherwise this would have been like making a calcgames.org clone, which wouldnt have much point.

In the "free discussion" section you are free to discuss anything regardless of if it's RPG or not though, but I am not going to feature or add anything non-RPG releated in the archives

EDIT: here is some updates (if anyone cares):

-The new staff are Arti, Master_Jc and CDI. Solitaire710 should come back soon and I hope gimpynerd will do soon as well Smile . Master_Jc will be in charge of the graphical stuff on the website, CDI will post news about new RPGs releases/progress, gimpynerd will still be in quest for new RPG projects (searching the web for them and adding them on the website) and solitaire710 will continue moderating and post some programmign tools news every now and then.

-What arti will do? earlier he gave me the idea of organising some regular events on Omnimaga forums, like a pixel art contest and maybe programming contest as well, I was going to hire him but he left for vacation for a month (like everyone in the community) but now he's back and he will be in charge of this contest. :)

Actually we need some ideas for the pixel art competition, I have something in head but it would involve cofding for me and it will depend of how much time I have. I have many unnoficial projects in head so far. The topic can be found here:
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Omnimaga/index....view=getnewpost
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement