This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 06:07:29 pm    Post subject:

I guess some people might remember me or have seen me on other forums (or #unitedti). Well as you might know I am not really a big fan of UnitedTI due to some factors that were posted in my previous topic and there was things that angered me when I was a frequent visitor here in the past, but I realized that all that was nothing compared to what happened lately on other forums. Many of you probably seen the flame against KermMartian and DoorCS at calcgames.org? Well this is one of the forums I am no longer posting on anymore. As for MaxCoderz I know some ppl might like me and appreciate my contribution in the community but there are people that I cannot stand anymore (Andysoft is a great example, feel free to delete this part of my post if you find it innapropriate) and I think they are just downgrading the community (especially MaxCoderz) and provocating flame wars. Right now the only topic I find constructive are the xLIB and PindurTI project thread plus a few thread in the programming section.

I want to apologize for the Omnimaga matter this morning (see MaxCoderz pixel art topic in the off-topic section of their forums) and maybe even what I did earlier until now but I also need to say one more thing: I think the TI community isnt the same anymore and I think there is something that need to be done, thats why the rules on my forums are strict. On a related note after what happened today I might never act the same way again in the community. I used to be a frequent visitor at maxcoderz, ticalc.org, calcgames.org and posted most likely everywhere, but now those place are now places I will probably not post in anymore and try to avoid them at all cost, except maybe maxcoderz where I'll look for projects, xLIB and PindurTI updates and give suggestion or ask questions but the rest of the forum is mopst likely in my black list right now.

Now about UnitedTI and actual stuff: Since UTI has never been a forum I would stick into I will probably not post here often in the future and I will no longer announce my projects here since they never got much interest on this forum anyway Razz , but recently I noticed lot of project progressing, which were mostly my favourite game genre (RPGs) so thatsd why I have been here a lot lately. I am looking forward for these games to come out and most importantly be finished Smile .

Basically I might hand here sometimes and visit your IRC channel, no regular posts but anyway. *looks forward for new games* I will also visit Epic Programming Studio, TI-Freak Ware, Cemetech, Calchaven and TI news regulary and the new Omnimaga forums.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 06:08:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 06:16:14 pm    Post subject:

deleted

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 09:12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 06:34:20 pm    Post subject:

I for one don't like to hold grudges, so you're welcome
to visit back anytime as far as I'm concerned, Kevin. :)

@lloydkirk1989―a visit to the IRC channel every once in
a while might actually soften you up and make you more
lenient towards others. I'd recommend looking into it. Sad
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 06:50:09 pm    Post subject:

lloydkirk1989 wrote:
This is all great and dandy Kevin, but wouldn't this be more appropiately expressed in a PM. If you're not a big fan of Unitedti then why are you making this 'dramatic 4 paragraph topic-announcement' entitled I am back...sort of? And if you're only "sort of back" then why are you posting at all? I doubt anyone realy cares on the comming and going of one individual. Besides, it seems as nothing has changed, you've been visiting often and posting rarely.
[post="53327"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, this is adressed to UTI and it's visitors as a whole, the topic is fine.

And I for example do care but what I don't care about is people who critize someone who's being honest and saying he's prepared to put aside his former opinion for the better.

@TS: Though you've probably noticed it on IRC, no grudges here either.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 06:51:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 07:07:27 pm    Post subject:

deleted--issue resolved

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 09:13:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 07:26:14 pm    Post subject:

Well its possible to change attitude you know. PM can work wehn ppl are online often. I just dont want to hold that grudge forever (with arcane, you and others). Sad I think this just add more tension between community members and its not good.

Why not turning the page?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 07:30:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You hypocrite...you're the reason he left in the first place. I was simply making some valid points, so bug off. Supergoose:I do occasionaly visit the IRC channel, I just don't hang out there all day. Certain members have the tenacity to make public announcements for every little boring detail of their life.

For Pete's sake... Take a breath and analyze what might happen if this is continued, please. Then decide for yourself whether it's worth the fuss or not. I was hoping you'd quickly realize how one-sided this would become, and that backing out of it could ultimately end up working in your favor. A morsel of wisdom isn't without its profit, so take into account that nobody here is attacking you, and you can let that flame inside burn out on its own without developing it into a firestorm that can consume us all.

Quote:

Good analogy—I like that.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 07:32:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 07:36:41 pm    Post subject:

Good to have you back Kevin Ouellet, sort of :P

Lloydkirk1989- calm down, I think... you seem to have changed.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 07:44:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Quote:

Good analogy—I like that.

yeah I heard this lot of time (in french), I like it.

Rezek wrote:
Good to have you back Kevin Ouellet, sort of :P

Lloydkirk1989- calm down, I think... you seem to have changed.
[post="53334"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

indeed, I know its all my fault, I need to stop public flaming, and note that my post starting the topic wasnt meant to be a flame, I can edit it if its poorly formulated Cool , but its hard when you go in a topic you like, read posts then suddently stumble across a post which contain a flame, then another flame, then another, etc., I am tempted to reply back Sad , and its mostly because of stuff in my life I think (not much friends, got bullied and flamed in the past at school for many stuff, weird stuff happening all at once, etc) and my temper, but I think I will try to solve this by ingoring flames in the future because from what I seen today this only involve more problems

Sorry if my posts messes up soimetimes I am mostly used to IPB 1.3 and I am still not used much to the new QUOTE Laughing buttons, but at least since I dont have mod power here I dont risk of accidentaly clicking the wrong button and editing someone post instead of quoting it

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 07:50:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 08:00:02 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one to notice some awesome symbolism in Kevin's avatar?
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 08:55:18 pm    Post subject:

its an emoticon I have on my forum (I prefered the Rambo emoticon though but invisionfree didnt allowed it) actually but it look a bit better without a shrink avatar feature but I guess this is what happened today

well I think I will post an update about wehat I am doing calc related rtight now: nothing much Neutral , but I am writing an xLIB example for tr1p1ea right now, this is nothing much interesting, the grayscale flicker like hell when scrolling, its slow and poorly optimised (I havent coded BASIC for 2 months) and there is no collision detection yet but here is it anyway:

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jul 2005 08:56:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 09:14:47 pm    Post subject:

That looks realy nice. congrats
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jul 2005 09:40:02 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
Am I the only one to notice some awesome symbolism in Kevin's avatar?
[post="53336"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, I'm reasonably sure the wizard being eaten is merely esoteric, not fully arcane.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 08:10:31 am    Post subject:

Well I think I could modify it so it eats arcane avatar instead of the lil yellow mage since dragon rul3z :biggrin:

j/k

Quote:
@TS: Though you've probably noticed it on IRC, no grudges here either.
who is @TS? Neutral
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 10:43:04 am    Post subject:

Kevin wrote:
Well I think I could modify it so it eats arcane avatar instead of the lil yellow mage since dragon rul3z :biggrin:

That would be sweet.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 11:51:17 am    Post subject:

A little resizing would be good too: the forum resizes it by itself now, looks not very good.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 12:46:05 pm    Post subject:

well the avatar is 90x59 I think, I can do it in the gimp but ost of the time it make the gif look garbled
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 01:02:31 pm    Post subject:

You can set the size when you set up your avatar, set it to 90x59.
DJ Omnimaga

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 04:40:01 pm    Post subject:

cant

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2005 04:40:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 05:07:29 pm    Post subject:

Hmm.. then how did I set my avatar size?

Oh well, I'll fix it for you manually.

edit: Ok, I figured out what was going on.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2005 05:12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement