This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
james

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 08:28:00 pm    Post subject:

i tried to assemble on another comp and this error came up on my tasm.
line 0001: No END directive before EOF.
I have copied everything that i had on my orginal asm programming comp and ttransfered it to another comp.now everytime i assemble the error comes up.
I have even tried to assemble other games that are on ticalc
and it doesnt work.
whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy!!!!! Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 08:41:09 pm    Post subject:

maybe this version of TASM needs .end and END at the end?
james

Posted: 24 Jul 2003 09:49:27 pm    Post subject:

I tried every combination of
.end
.end,
.END
.END,
.end
END
and so on
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 03:03:53 am    Post subject:

Sometimes you need .end to be put in there twice.

Also, press enter after each .end directive to inseart a newline becaue tasm is looking for .end\n

where \n is a new line
Tyraniek

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 06:04:15 am    Post subject:

What's strange is that the error occures at first line...
maybe you also need to put a END at the end of the include files :-/
EOF means "End of File", if someone wonders Cool
Shoester

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 02:32:45 pm    Post subject:

I think i know what the problem is james because i've had the same problem. Whats happening is that tasm can't find the file, so you may want to make sure that the files and your are under the same directory name in the new computer.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 05:25:42 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that holds especially true if you are trying to assemble an ion program with the assembler available at ticalc.org. If it cannot find the file it simply comes up with an error saying it could not find the END in your source. Remember all source must be in the same folder as the compiler.

Luckily this will not hold true when I complete the new United TI SDK. If anyone has been wondering I have made some progress and now it compiles binary and hex programs. It is a highly organized sdk and extremely useful. Your source must be in the same directory as the ms-dos batch file but the compiler and all other necessities are stored in a folder to avoid clutter. The batch file simply moves the required items to compile your program to the main folder that your source is in, compiles it, moves the compiler stuff back then places the compiled program in it's appropriate folder. Really the batch file only takes a little more space than others but really what's the difference of 4kb of data? At the new ability to keep your programs completely organized I say it's more than a fair trade off. I'm not sure if the sdk will work on Windows 98 or lower. When it is complete I will ask for beta testers.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Jul 2003 10:03:49 pm    Post subject:

i can test for 98
also,my comp is crash prone, so if it doesnt crash it ur REALLY good
Tyraniek

Posted: 26 Jul 2003 09:54:33 am    Post subject:

Here's a good version of TASM, with documentation and it writes "Error : cannot open file" when the file does not exist : http://sites.estvideo.net/yannick/doc/TASM.zip
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement