This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 05:41:15 am    Post subject:

I signed it. Number 85. I hate software stealers!
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 09:22:40 am    Post subject:

Indeed. And now we're at 91!

Hays Sucks
Madskillz

Posted: 06 Jul 2005 11:17:27 am    Post subject:

what I dont get is why do you guys keep posting links to their website. All you should need is one. Plus all this added attention is probably going to their little heads. Just think of all the people that have visited their site now...a hell of alot more then they were ever going to get on their own. Like Digi said, I cant help but think you guys are feeding the monster.

They'll probably just start another group with a different name up anyways on saturday. Neutral
Madskillz

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 10:14:57 am    Post subject:

Hays is no more, but their site surely looks a lot better. :biggrin:
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 10:21:14 am    Post subject:

The Hays Sucks is just to get that linked up. Smile
And yes, we succeeded.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 10:39:35 am    Post subject:

And the stories on their site are pretty good, too.
Madskillz

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 10:54:55 am    Post subject:

yeah they are...
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 01:37:40 pm    Post subject:

Hays were never meant to be taken seriously, they just liked pushing the boundries for laughs.

I mean cmon they didnt streal software trying to claim credit and get away with it, they stole software that they knew EVERYONE would pick up straight away. They just wanted to stir up some bs.

I think they are actually comic genius'. Some of their stuff is golden, the whole "Bill Nigel stole our games first" thing was funny because it is so outrageous!

They arent really code stealers, they are just show-men. I had a good laugh Smile.

Oh and when their page loaded up and that "Chariots" music or whatever its called started i couldnt stop laughing for ages! Very Happy.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2005 01:40:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 02:20:07 pm    Post subject:

Those of us who frequent the IRC channel know the joke's on them though, at least with these most recent developments. :ninja:

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2005 02:20:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 02:21:18 pm    Post subject:

Yup, hilarious. It will be interesting to see what happens to the balance of the community now that (if they're) gone.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 03:41:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to understand that their intentions were mainly supposed to be humorous. Some might still argue that the worthiness (not worthlessness) of their jokes was not above their wrongdoings, but in the end I just hope that we can all look back on this fiasco with at least some form of amusement.

Speaking of said amusement: Where Are They Now? ← Please don't take this article seriously. Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 04:02:03 pm    Post subject:

I get the feeling this whole thing was one cheap publicity stunt.

Like Howard Stern's career.
Madskillz

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 09:26:23 pm    Post subject:

yeah, I got this feeling too. I mean one of their own did start the petition right? If you ask me its bogus. They will be back in one form or another.

They had me cracking up with the music too tr1p, I never really took any of them seriously, and the comedy kept me laughing for quite some time. I think a parody of a Programming group was surely needed. :biggrin:
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 09:41:10 pm    Post subject:

Since we're all giving out confessions now, I may as well pipe in:

I stole every bit of code from the unfamous "JrJinfinity", and took his webpage from the old host [url="http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://redrival.com/jrjinfinity"]web archive[/url]. You can find the duplicate copy of it at http://aliencc.unitedti.org. He was quite taken by suprise, and has since been in exile while I steal what bit of fame he never had.

--AlienCC
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2005 01:25:51 am    Post subject:

Does this have to do with the whole bit about you being an alien and stuff?
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jul 2005 03:28:12 am    Post subject:

Did I forget to mention I took possession of his life, to disguise myself so nobody would know I was an alien...then the greatest part of all, I run around telling everyone I am an alien so nobody would suspect it to be true...

Does anyone have humor around here?

--AlienCC
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Jul 2005 09:48:32 am    Post subject:

AlienCC wrote:
Since we're all giving out confessions now, I may as well pipe in:

I stole every bit of code from the unfamous "JrJinfinity", and took his webpage from the old host [url="http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://redrival.com/jrjinfinity"]web archive[/url]. You can find the duplicate copy of it at http://aliencc.unitedti.org. He was quite taken by suprise, and has since been in exile while I steal what bit of fame he never had.

--AlienCC
[post="53191"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha that gave me a bit of a laugh! Takes a bit of thinking (and knowledge) to figure that one out.

subtle hint
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement