This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Jun 2005 12:19:21 pm    Post subject:

Hi everyone!

As far as I can see, noone has posted this nice-to-know-info yet, so here I come, doing it.

Microsoft has made their Visual Studio programs available for download.
The Express editions can be downloaded from this website:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/
for the dynamic web install or to this website:
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/mani...ll/default.aspx
to download the whole CD(s)

Also if you do not have the bandwidth to download them, simply order the Visual Studio 2005 from this website:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/getthebetas/
It is absolutely free, all you have to do is give them your postal address, name and phoneno. and they'll send you a CD (maybe several, still waiting for mine) with the program on.

Hope this is useful to anyone!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Btw. installing any of the Visual Studio products, require SP2, which can also be ordered free of charge from this website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa..._us/default.msp
and Microsoft wil send you SP2 for winXP

/wrigley
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jun 2005 03:23:21 pm    Post subject:

holy fudge! I dont beliee it....freeware from Micro$
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 11:02:02 am    Post subject:

"Btw. installing any of the Visual Studio products, require SP2"

Maybe what I have is a different make, but I have Visual Studio Enterprise installed with SP1, and it works fine ...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 12:03:10 pm    Post subject:

First installed it on Win98 without any updates.

Microsloth just wants you to use their bloatware.
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 04:34:45 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about this version? I tried to install it on mine, it said it wouldn't install it untill I had installed SP2...

Anyways, Microsoft has more free progs up the sleeve. A while back they bought a rather good drawing program (based on vectors) named Expression 3. They had Expression 3 available for download for a while, but resently they have released a beta version of their further development, the program goes under the name "Acrylic", the website is:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/

[EDIT] aparently you also need SP2 for this prog, but I don't know, haven't tried it. I've only tried the old "Expression 3", a great prog in my oppinion.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jun 2005 04:37:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 12 Jun 2005 05:15:51 pm    Post subject:

"installing any of the Visual Studio products"

Shouldnt matter what version then Razz
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jun 2005 01:47:15 am    Post subject:

I don't know, I've had the Visual Studio .Net 2003 installed without the SP2, but when I tried to install Visual Studio .Net 2005 Beta 2 (the one in the link above) It wouldn't because I hadn't installed SP2.

So therefore I guess versions do matter, but maybe that's just the case with the webinstall, (my CD hasn't arrived yet, and I haven't downloaded the whole thing either) :D

[EDIT] Baaah, just read the EULA apparently the VS programs are time limited, they will only work until may next year or a year from installation (depending on the components). I'll look into Acrylic ... *crossing fingers* ... Expression3 was free.

[2nd EDIT] Buaaah, meany micro$oft, they've put an "I refuse to work past 31 dec. 2005" in Acrylic. It is not fair how they can take a beautiful, free product and make it go $$$. Note to self: make sure I don't have any more emotional burst outs in public Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Guest on 17 Jun 2005 05:54:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement