This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 01:08:37 am    Post subject:

http://lloydkirk.unitedti.org/
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 07:51:26 am    Post subject:

i like the lay-out. Not much there yet though..
Bledoux

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 01:47:59 pm    Post subject:

I like the different colors for the themes. It will be a whole lot better once you put some more work into it. Very Happy
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 01:58:09 pm    Post subject:

I'd advice you to use this key from time to time.
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 03:31:55 pm    Post subject:

Was that adressed to me or bledoux? What do you mean?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 03:52:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
After seeing a recent surge in TI-blogs, i though to myself what the heck. Why don't I make one too.
So when i got this space from Untiedti.org, I actually decided to use it. Im using a full blown blogging software, nucleus. Its rather nifty, don't you think? Yeah, there's still some work to be done, but progress is starting to be revealed. A portion of this blog will discuss the events of my fascinating life:) and the rest will be related to programming, particularly z80 assembly. Gradualy, more content will be added to the site. Who knows, i might even put up a guestbook or shoutbox, no forums though. Im tired of registering in forums and im sure everyone else is too. I begin to wonder why people set up forums that no one will post in. Anyways, welcome and enjoy. Please feel free to comment...
Really needs some distinguishable paragraphs.
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 09:15:34 pm    Post subject:

Grammaar lessons????...lol
Solitaire710

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 08 Jun 2005 11:45:19 pm    Post subject:

*Checks out Nucleus CMS*

Mine should be up soon......Relatively soon Smile
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 01:14:52 pm    Post subject:

lloydkirk1989 wrote:
[post="51715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

no, aesthetics.

btw, you mispelled "United-TI" wrong!!! how can you call yoursefl a member!! death to all infidels!!
Bledoux

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 01:40:03 pm    Post subject:

Like Adm said in the comments section, It is not that great if someone else does the coding for it. It feels so much better when you you create some unique and entirely yours.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 01:45:00 pm    Post subject:

IMHO that's a matter of personal preference.

Do you think Bill Gates writes every single page of www.microsoft.com himself?

This server is running apache, how dare you visit a server with a service package you didn't write yourself!?

How dare you use a computer without having written the OS yourself?

I can go on, how prepostrous do you want it?

Use whoever's software you like.

Yes, writing something yourself gives you some satisfacion. But in the prosess of making something you have to weigh in all the factors. With complicated blogs you'll probably be happier saving yourself the work of writing the software and focusing on content.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jun 2005 01:49:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 02:24:54 pm    Post subject:

aforsy wrote:
lloydkirk1989 wrote:
[post="51715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

no, aesthetics.

btw, you mispelled "United-TI" wrong!!! how can you call yoursefl a member!! death to all infidels!!
[post="51772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Take it easy...I wrote that very late last night and I obviously was thinking clearly.
Picking on minute details like mispelling united-ti is somewhat annoying in the least. Rolling Eyes

Bledoux wrote:
Like Adm said in the comments section, It is not that great if someone else does the coding for it. It feels so much better when you you create some unique and entirely yours.
[post="51773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Your welcome to say that, when you've coded a decent blog of your own. Free public software, such as Nucleus is at public disposal to be used and save the time and expense of creating your own. Nucleus, for example was coded over period of several years by a large programming team. I have neither time nor people at my disposal to take on such a huge project. Even if I was an expert at php, which im not, I wouldn't be able to program an equivalent and doubt you could either bledoux. Laughing
As far as I know, noone here has made their own blog. Most people are just using blogger and re-directing to their UnitedTI sub-domain. According to bledoux's wise theology, we might have to ask AlienCC to program a new forum and dump IPB. Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 11 Jun 2005 10:56:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 02:38:54 pm    Post subject:

AlienCC has made his own forum. Ever seen Zabotage? It's perl. It's an entire site-managing sfotware.

I didn't mean it like this guys. Talk about over-reaction. ;)

Sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean for anything to ruin ANOTHER topic.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 02:55:26 pm    Post subject:

aforsy wrote:
btw, you mispelled "United-TI" wrong!!! how can you call yoursefl a member!! death to all infidels!![post="51772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
You mean there's a proper way to misspell United-TI? Just like there's a proper way to mispell misspell?
lloydkirk1989 wrote:
According to bledoux's wise theology, we might have to ask AlienCC to program a new forum and dump IPB.
Be careful what you ask for...

Regarding the blog, I couldn't care less what it looks like, as long as it's not neon orange on a background of flames or something. What really matters is the content.
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 02:57:39 pm    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
AlienCC has made his own forum.  Ever seen Zabotage?  It's perl.  It's an entire site-managing sfotware.

I didn't mean it like this guys.  Talk about over-reaction. ;)

Sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean for anything to ruin ANOTHER topic.
[post="51778"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The forum is IPB...
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 03:00:31 pm    Post subject:

The forum is, yes. But a couple of months ago the main site was running Zabotage, which AlienCC wrote. Now the forums and the main site are combined into something else (don't remember what it's called)
Solitaire710

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 07:03:20 pm    Post subject:

@Alex:

I believe its the proffesional version of IPB if I'm correct.

@Everyone:
Play nice children.....Don't jump down each others throats so easily Razz
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 09 Jun 2005 08:40:13 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I've written a forum in Perl, nothing anywhere near as complex and nice as IPB, but given enough time, money, and motivation I could probably do so by myself. The forum I wrote was of course part of the CMS (Zabotage) as mentioned by Adm. Wiggin, the latest version which is not yet packaged and ready for download. It did however power the UnitedTI homepage until shortly before we upgraded to IPB 2.0.x. Zabotage was also released under the GPL.

Currently I am working on a new webpage (ZeFaux) slowly and surely in PHP as a replacement for Zabotage to run on my own personal page. The development direction this goes will be more towards my needs then Zabotage was, since I was programming a large portion of Zabotage for the needs of UnitedTI. ZeFaux isn't much yet, but you can see it in action at http://www.aliencc.com/ currently, it also powers another webpage now which shall remain unknown at this time.

I will also be releasing my 2 Hour Blog when I finish it, more then likely under the GPL, but I might go crazy and use the BSD License.

--AlienCC
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 10 Jun 2005 03:27:51 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
aforsy wrote:
btw, you mispelled "United-TI" wrong!!! how can you call yoursefl a member!! death to all infidels!![post="51772"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
You mean there's a proper way to misspell United-TI? Just like there's a proper way to mispell misspell?
[post="51779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL! didn't catch that one! Very Happy
Onur

Posted: 11 Jun 2005 03:31:57 am    Post subject:

hmm.. it looks nice
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement