This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 May 2005 07:28:37 pm    Post subject:

[font="Impact"]HAHA! Suckers...

Rules: <insert editable rules here>
/rules
Guidelines:
The Contest Will be regulated by Alex M. Ruddick (alexrudd) and Robert Dole (bobbyboy)

Requirements:
# The Game:
As by popular vote falls under the category "Miscellaneous", you may choose any game you want
# Language:
The final entry must be written entirely in TI-83 series BASIC. It must be compatable with the platforms listed below under subheading Platforms.
# Pre-existing
A project that prior to this contest has been released or distributed will be an automatic winner
# Releasing Information:
You are prohibited from withholding any information or screenshots about your project. Anything you create that lasts for more than five (5) minutes on your hard drive must be uploaded for all to see. This includes notes, calculator files, and screenshots.
# Legal stuff:
All submissions are the property of Alex M. Ruddick and Robert Dole. That means we are free to do whatever we want to them, even if it includes harm to your calculator, computer, person, reputation, or any combination thereof. If you have managed to submit a copyrighted program, congratulations. We wish you the best of luck in avoiding the federal enforcement officials that are currently en route to arrest you for copyright infringement.
# Deadline:
Contest Entries will be accepted into the provided asmcontest program tracker up until February 31, 2006 24:01 (MST)
# - Readme.txt (see below) - Routines.txt (see below) Readme.txt:
This file should be formated in ASCII Text (no html, rtf, etc.)
This file must contain the following:
- Description of all includes files in the archive.
- Instructions for Installing, and Using the program.
- The source code for the project. Please have a newline colon on each line and keep one command per line. You MUST comment each line with a description of what it does, what variables are used, and any output generated.
# Platform:
Must run on 83, 83SE, 83+, 83++, 83+SE, 83++SE, 83.5, 83.5+, 83.5-, 84, 84+, 84++, 84-, 84SE, 84-SE.
# Rejections:
Any program that does not meet the criteria below might be rejected, depending on the current weather conditions.
We reserve the right to reject any submission if we feel like doing so.

Judging & Criteria
Entries will be Judged by Alex M. Ruddick (alexrudd) and Robert Dole (bobbyboy).

Projects will be Judged if and whenever we feel like.

You must create a tracking number for your project. Use of t3h ult1/\/\@t3 random n|_|mb@r generator is advised.

The project will be tested thrice, natively on a real genuine TI, on a fake but real TI, and in Virtual TI. The memory will be reset prior to testing each program, and during execution if deemed necessary.

Each Project will be judged against a scale of Total Points in the following sections:
# (10 Points) Game has a title that includes one of the following: ultimate, super-duper, the best, random, awesome, pink, or gurplenator. The title must have at least 5 and at most 5 words. At least one of the words in the title must be written in 13e+ or similar.
# (10*(6-7)/(-1)) Points) Gameplay is as slow as possible. Each second spent waiting for it to load will result in a point, with a maximum of 10*(6-7)/(-1).
# (100 Points) Game is stable and does not crash. Each crash will result in the deduction of 10 points. The game will be tested for all possible errors. Each key will be pressed once every 3.2 seconds, including the [ON] key. Penaltiess for errors will be as follows:
Break: Immediate disqualification
Syntax: Rapid disqualification. Hearing before Board of Grammer, Punctuation, and Syntax Misuse.
Divide by 0: Quick disqualification. 65 years supervision.
Nonreal Ans: Prompt disqualification. 45 years jail time, no parole.
Data Type: Possible disqualification. $200,000,000 fine.
Domain: Eventual disqualification. Execution by hanging.
# (3.14159 Points) Game is time consuming to install. The more steps the better. Having to use four or more installation programs is a plus.
# (1 Point) Game utilizes appealing graphics, looks good, aesthetically pleasing. Any graphics other than stick figures will result in the deduction of 600 points.
# (randInt(0,20) Points) Source code - will be judged on three criteria:
1. Has comments. As with the .txt version (see Subheading readme.txt above), you MUST comment each line with a description of what it does, what variables are used, and any output generated.
2. Is complete. This means no removing ending parenthesis, quotes, or brackets.
3. Does not use any of the following: Output(, Disp(, Pause(, Text(, Line(, Horizontal, Vertical, ClrDraw, Circle(, Pxl-... or Pt-... commands, or ClrHome.
# (1337 Points) Good menu system. (should contain as many submenus as possible. Using the built-in Menu( command is a plus. Duplicate menu items and unnescessary items are also a plus.)
# (~10 Points) Game has the ability to inaccuratly save and load games. Each time the game is saved/loaded, every variable should be off by at least 67.4 or one factor of ten.
# (24000 Points) Program size. Each byte of code that does not affect gameplay and/or is totally unnescessary will be one point.
# (10 Points) Going further than expected... e.g. built-in random numbar generator...
# (1000000000 Points) - Chicken appeal. Each program will be run before an obliging chicken, who will then rate the program on a scale of 1-1000000000 by pecking out morse code for the hexadeciamal value of the score
# Sir Robin reserves the right to change any section of the Rules (and only the Rules) at any time. Sir Robin isn't required to tell anyone he's done so, but will gloat anyway.

The Project with the highest Total score will be declared the losing project. All other projects will be ranked according to the random numbar generator.
/guidelines

Last edited by Guest on 13 Aug 2005 12:13:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 May 2005 07:51:16 pm    Post subject:

I submit FROGGER v1.3! :o

(Oh my God, I'm printing this one out.)
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 May 2005 07:54:03 pm    Post subject:

And our first winner is Supergoose! (See subheading # Pre-existing). Congratulations!

EDIT: On the basis of 4 small points, I, acting as Judge (see Judging & Criteria), officially edit this post.
1)The second judge, Robert Dole, was not present to officiate and deem you the winner as well.
2)Although the program was pre-existing, it was someone else by the name of Alex who submitted it first. He/She wins, whoever he/she is.
3)There are numerous obscure technicalities that I have yet to come up with that would make me the automatic winner.
4)Being the judge I can do whatever I want.

Alexrudd is officially declared the winner!

Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2005 07:58:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 May 2005 07:58:29 pm    Post subject:

I submit Lnux OS v0.1 Alpha (Hybrid)

--AlienCC
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 May 2005 12:46:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm submitting programCRAP!

Code:
Lbl A
Menu("???',"1",1,"2",2,"3",3,"4",A)
Lbl 1
Goto A
Lbl 2
Goto A
Lbl 3
Goto A
"Nick's TIcalc password is *****!"
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 May 2005 03:46:29 pm    Post subject:

you lose- beause you 4got to comment every line in your code!
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 May 2005 09:30:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
# (10 Points) Game has a title that includes one of the following: ultimate, super-duper, the best, random, awesome, pink, or gurplenator. The title must have at least 5 and at most 5 words. At least one of the words in the title must be written in 13e+ or similar.

there's another -10 points. "Crap" is not a good enough title.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2005 08:22:15 am    Post subject:

okay, i'll try again.
"the ubar 1337 menuzorx swýftplss"

Code:
Lbl A:"this is a label, called A"
Menu("???',"1",1,"2",2,"3",3,"4",A):"check my 13e+ basiczorz!"
Lbl 1:"press alt+f4 for secret pokemon!"
Goto A:"yeah! we're going to A! That's a great place!"
Lbl 2:"i used a dimmo (c) tagger for them labels"
Goto A:"Dimmo(c) saves you timmo(c)!"
Lbl 3:"Timmo is a real word, no matter what they say"
Goto A:"A is a quite popular place this this time of the year isn't it?"
"Nick's TIcalc password is *****!":"that is s00 true!"

better?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2005 07:50:53 pm    Post subject:

better, but you'll lose horribly when I release my program.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 May 2005 09:12:19 pm    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
okay, i'll try again.

Code:

better?
[post="50594"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lucky for you that A is such a popular place. If it weren't your program would create a syntax error, resulting in Rapid disqualification. Hearing before Board of Grammer, Punctuation, and Syntax Misuse.
Other than than, your program is currently the best in title, menus, comments, not using forbidden commands, size, and going beyone the expected (One of two programs in the world to reveal Nick's ticalc.org password!!!). Unfortunately, it does not innaccurately save/load games, is way too fast, and does not take any time to install.

Last edited by Guest on 18 May 2005 09:16:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 May 2005 09:22:56 pm    Post subject:

[post="0"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]Here's the best BASIC programming ever, for the 84++ of course:

Code:
Disp "............Done"
While 1
Input X
Disp 58(X^2)
End

There's just no logical way it could lose; Kalk said so!

Last edited by Guest on 18 May 2005 09:27:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 May 2005 09:08:05 am    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
leofox wrote:
okay, i'll try again.

Code:

better?
[post="50594"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Lucky for you that A is such a popular place. If it weren't your program would create a syntax error, resulting in Rapid disqualification. Hearing before Board of Grammer, Punctuation, and Syntax Misuse.
Other than than, your program is currently the best in title, menus, comments, not using forbidden commands, size, and going beyone the expected (One of two programs in the world to reveal Nick's ticalc.org password!!!). Unfortunately, it does not innaccurately save/load games, is way too fast, and does not take any time to install.
[post="50602"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

About the savin and loading: i'm working on that. The speed should go down once i release it with 10K of unused data in the beginning of the program (slows down the labels!). Installation.. i don't know about that yet...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 May 2005 03:18:16 pm    Post subject:

Due to #Release of Information, here is an excerpt from my future program, this isn't finished yet but it's been on my hard drive for 5 minutes.

Code:
If 2+2=4
Then
Goto Q
Lbl Q
randBin(1.0*10^99,1=0)->Q
End
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 May 2005 03:56:59 pm    Post subject:

If 2+2=4
Then
Goto Q
End
Lbl Q
randBin(1.0*10^99,1=0)->Q

This should be much faster because it uses the RAM dynamically.
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 May 2005 08:27:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
This should be much faster because it uses the  RAM dynamically.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2005 08:27:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 May 2005 11:21:49 am    Post subject:

Are you kidding? You have to think about size!

Code:
If 2+2=4:Then:Goto Q:End:Lbl Q:randBin(1.0*10^99,1=0)->Q:Disp "UTI Rooles

See? that only takes one line of programming.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 May 2005 12:04:03 pm    Post subject:

Of course, and it speeds up the goto, good tip there!
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 May 2005 01:04:09 pm    Post subject:

lol, yeah... Labels are wicked fast, but most people don't know that Gotos are even faster!!
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 May 2005 04:08:01 pm    Post subject:

Brazucs wrote:
lol, yeah... Labels are wicked fast, but most people don't know that Gotos are even faster!!
[post="50654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Code:
:Lbl 1
:Lbl 2
:Lbl 999
:Lbl 1000
takes only seconds to execute, but
Code:
:Goto 1
:Goto 2
:Goto 999
:Goto 1000
:Lbl 1
is even faster! That thousands of Goto's and Lbl's in the time it would take to perform one measly GarbageCollect!
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 May 2005 04:40:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If 2+2=4:Then:Goto Q:End:Lbl Q:randBin(1.0*10^99,1=0)->Q:Disp "UTI Rooles
That's unreadable. Make it easier to read:

Code:
:If 2+2=4
:
:
:Then
:
:
:Goto Q
:
:
:End
:
:
:Lbl Q
:
:
:randBin(1.0*10^99,1=0)->Q
:
:
:Disp "UTI Rooles
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement