This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Fate by Fire: The Sword of Neisius => Your Projects
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 01 Jul 2003 09:53:29 pm    Post subject:

about the weapons:

will we able to upgrade them our selfs ie: add +3 fire damage
or will we have choices
or will it do it auto by what weapon it was
will the name of the weap change when it lvs up??
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 01:09:54 pm    Post subject:

when u use a weapon, it gets more powerful...
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 02:49:28 pm    Post subject:

Wel to tell youu guys the truth, it isnt really all figured out yet. Not set in stone, we are still slowly developing it. But I have a general idea of what it may have.

Your weapon gains experience once you fight. Once it has reach sufficient ex to level up, a few things happen. first the sword's base stats are boosted automatically, also, a new "slot" in the sword opens, where you can insert a gem or other majical talisman, which will add a majical ability to that weapon (elemental damage, protection, skill enhance ment, or a spell the weapon will enable you to cast.). finally, the name will change. (name of the weapon)( form) so short sword form 3 or somethig, basically only the form changes. well thats jsut an idea any way. Oh yea, and the sprite showing the sword will also hopefully change as well.

But im goign to cut down on what I tell you guys, you know too much.... :)

but what do you guys think of that idea, tell me what improvements you may have. Justins going to read this and be like " where the heck did he pull this from "
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 04:35:20 pm    Post subject:

Hehe, I like the gem idea, though make sure you hit a balance with how long it takes to level up, it should be a nice accomplishment for the player to get those extra skills/stats but it shouldn't take too long either. Though I think it would be a godo idea to limit the amount of gems you can place on one weapon. This would add a little more strategie* and makes more sense.

* Have different weapons ready for different situations, for example one that boosts magic abilities for use in open areas and one that boosts hit points (or something similar) in case you are forced to some close quarters combat

** Come on, 20 gems in one sword?
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 02 Jul 2003 05:28:50 pm    Post subject:

so you do you gain exp too? or just you weapon??
Dark cloud uses just weapons and they at lv5 can be turned into a gem that has all the same (2/3) os all the same stats and any abilites
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 02:00:35 pm    Post subject:

ya, sounds good! i think he has a point with the 20 gems thing...
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 04 Jul 2003 03:23:09 am    Post subject:

Well im not totally sure about how Dark Cloud works, as I only played for 5 min! Im not sure about the relation between weapon leveling and character leveling. I assume weapons/items will level quicker than your character, though taking into consideration weapon will only level to roughly to a small number like 5, and your character to something like 50, they could be the same levelig rates (thought the offset of leveling seems appealing). Its just one of thsoe adjustments that needs to be played around with. To answer the question about jem limitations, the weapons would reach a final form, where they will no longer level up and maintain the same stats. I completely agree with Arkane, that you have an assortment of weapons, each having an advantage. Sure you can have a bunch of nice multipurpose weapons, however using "stratagy", you can raise your weapons to have specialties. so one you might make a very stong fire weapon, another a cold damage weapon, ect. so then when you are in combat, you can think" well ok, im fighting this creature, that has a major weakness to flame. so ill use my sword of "untitled" that has 3 rubies and one, oh i dont know, Justinwalesian Jem in it". By having a leveling limit to items, there is then a limit to the number of jems or whatever.

Jesus F.

You as well as your items gain xp accordinly to useage. So if you fight with a sword your character will gain xp (in the appropriate stats) and you item will gain xp.

Thing is, this really can not be too complex or big. The whole thing is to be coded in asm, and coding up 1+1 seems to be a challange to me these days.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 12:09:58 am    Post subject:

so what if i get to a hard guy, right when he has 1 hp using weapon A and change to weap. B and kill him
does weap. A get exp. or weap. B or both? is that a cheap way of lv.ing up weapons?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jul 2003 04:17:49 pm    Post subject:

I'd say you gain experience for the hits/damage done, not for the kill.

So when you hit a dragon with 40 damage you'll gain like 40 / 1000 * (creature bonus) experience for that hit. Same goes for your weapon.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Jul 2003 04:18:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Jul 2003 02:09:14 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking around the lines of what Arkane said. We will have an equation (it will be created according to how things wilbe set up, but once created will be constant). And then every time you attack, the damage done will go through the equation and result in the experience gained. The equation will take into account the type of creature, and your damage. simple.
Tyler

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 10:32:29 am    Post subject:

Why not just lv. up and use experinence, Just pleaseeese don't make it as easy as poke'mon!
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 02:33:56 pm    Post subject:

We considered that system, of leveling up then distributing xp to your various skills. I am used to that system, every rpg I have played has used it, but it will be more realistic and simple to have xp automatically channeled to the skills and attibutes you use. Perhaps in some parts you will hve the optio tochoose. Say you reached a new majic level and you have 2 options of spells to learn, and you choose one. But don't even ask about spells/majic.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 02:38:39 pm    Post subject:

will u be able to choose between chars to be? or just the same 1?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 05:59:13 pm    Post subject:

Pascal wrote:
Say you reached a new majic level and you have 2 options of spells to learn, and you choose one. But don't even ask about spells/majic.

Please tell me you mean magic.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2003 05:59:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 06:03:04 pm    Post subject:

ya, im sure he did... Very Happy
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 08:58:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
will u be able to choose between chars to be? or just the same 1?

Read earlier i don't know which page or topic, but he tess us that you will all start the same and lets say you use a sword, if you lv up with the sword, you strength might go up 5 and everything else 2 or less. so the more you use a sword the more like a fighter you become. if you use a staff more (and spells i guess but we can 't ask about them
Quote:
But don't even ask about spells/majic.
) you will earn higher lv spells and more *mana* (or what ever they are using)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Jul 2003 10:28:12 pm    Post subject:

i mean like a different char grapic, but i guess not...
Pascal

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 05:04:36 pm    Post subject:

Yes there will only be one character to use, you cannot choose different starting characters. I wanted more starting characters (perhaps with different attributes) but Justin wants one, so there will be one. I guess because the character is so key to the story line, you would need to make the npc's say different names and other stuff.

Jesus was right about the xp system. What you use and what you do will increase the stat points in the categories pertaining to the usage. The reason why I said “ don’t even ask about magic (majic)” is because it is more complicated. For any ordinary weapon the weapon will level, and some of your stats will level too (strength, weapon skill…) however for magic it is more complicated, when you staff levels up, will get gain a spell, or mana, or magic skill, what spell will it gain, can you choose it. Perhaps it depends on the staff. And where are you spells? Are they in you, and when your skill levels up you gain a spell, which one do you gain, can you choose? I didn’t want to pour it all out at once.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement