This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 11:06:37 am    Post subject:

on the site it says we are 10% done, i would say not even 5%, it has only been a few days...

Can you send me the pic you drew Neostar.

Also i decided to hardcode the city in another file for many reasons

1) loading time will be less hten 24 seconds
2) I can set Xmax, Xmin, Ymax, Ymin when the screen loads so that way they can't go on to buildings, etc.

I was thinking of a three (3) door max for each screen, two (2) car max on the screen at a given time (this would help speed)

I also thought about the battle, you would just press the 2nd button, and i t would be like zooming in, that way on the main screen we don't have to have pedestrians (speed, thinking of speed (not the drug)) walking around

And how are we going to do the star system?
How many weapons?
How many power ups?
Twiztid33

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 01:44:22 pm    Post subject:

at least 5 weapons and 3 power ups

i need to have a chat with you both so we can say what you guys have gotten done with the game,my aim name is JackBozz2k3 and im always on, and ill change the 10% to 5% and start making the pages, what i need from you guys is for your creator page is this

Email:
What you are doing with the game:
Programming Experience

i need this so i can start making the creators of the games pages on my site
ok, thanks
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 02:11:38 pm    Post subject:

E-Mail: Watchfordanomes@att.net
What you are doing with the game: Car Artist, Hardcoding, Character Artist, City artist, City creation, Other Artist Stuff
Programming Experience: Basic (something like 6 months, but am good)
Many RPGs unfinished (mot me the other ppl, never finished their parts), Harvest Moon unfinished (was too slow, too many checks)
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 06:37:25 pm    Post subject:

So here is The Best Update We Have (so if you don't want to read all of this):

There will be a 20 Screen City not including indoors
3 door max per screen
2 car max per screen
There Will be 3 shops: (as of now, we might add more:))
Ice Cream (place)
Car Dealers
Office building or dance club (i don't like the office building, seems too plain, but i am not adding a strip club)
battles will not be turn based
battles will happen in a "zoomed in like view" (*in other words not on one of the 20 city screens)

What We might need:
Optimizer (i don't know how good we all are at optimizing)

Screen Shots:
I am sending some beta screen shots to Twiztid33 to be put on the web site, tomarrow, (beta shots being not very detailed right now but hey what do i know, i might detail them more tonight)
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 30 Jul 2003 06:44:07 pm    Post subject:

How do we get a forum thiny like sonic??
Neostar

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 10:51:16 am    Post subject:

E-mail: neostarink@yahoo.com
Doing in the Game: Battle Sequences, writing of some of the storyline and some dialouge, and anything else nobody wants to do.
Programming experience: I've been programming for like... a year... so many "NeoPimp", "NeoDealer", "Sniper", "Monster Battle 1 and 2", "Darts", "MineSweep", "NeoRPG", "NBA Street", so many more...
Twiztid33

Posted: 01 Aug 2003 08:38:17 pm    Post subject:

thanks for giving me the info, we all need to talk about where this game is going and how to make the first beta version of the game
Neostar

Posted: 02 Aug 2003 04:32:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesus Freak I'll e-mail you the pics, oh and for the forum thing like sonic you have to ask the admin to do it. Or I could make a board on my site... My Forum Link
Twiztid33

Posted: 06 Aug 2003 07:34:54 pm    Post subject:

dont reply to this post anymore cause i have decided to stop the production of this game, the reason i have is that no one really cares anymore they all have there own games to work on so i have decided to stop making it and work on a new project that i will tell at a later date
Neostar

Posted: 07 Aug 2003 09:44:51 am    Post subject:

Well, I still wanna finish it, I've been working on missions and stuff, so I'm gonna use some of the screens that I have, draw some more, and finish the game. Maybe give it a new title, but I'm gonna finish it.
Twiztid33

Posted: 07 Aug 2003 01:05:35 pm    Post subject:

good luck, ill make a site where we can put the download at or if you want just use your site to put it there
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 07 Aug 2003 04:13:45 pm    Post subject:

acctually, he gave up, i was stil working on it, still need help?
Neostar

Posted: 08 Aug 2003 09:06:03 am    Post subject:

yeah, I need pics, I really suc at drawing landscaping. And yeah, the download can go on the site, I want it on as many sites as possible. I finished a move around engine for the person, I just need a landscape of: grass, sidewalk, and maybe one or two more skyscrapers. I can draw small houses and shops. Then I'll test it. I also need interior designs of a shop and house, but I can do that on my PC I think... good ol' Microsoft Paint and Photoshop!
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 11:27:47 pm    Post subject:

GTA for the calc would be a novel idea, but it would lack the fun of GTA on the computer. If you have every played GTA for the Game Boy Advance, you will have felt the harsh reality that a tiny screen and limited graphical capabilities can wreak havoc upon a games fun-level. The calculator has even fewer system resources than the GBA, with lower res, slower processor, monochromatic screen, and little to no sound capabilities.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 12 Aug 2003 11:43:37 pm    Post subject:

hummm... never played it on gameboy but i see what you mean, this was more of a way to learn new ways to do the smae stuff i already know how to do if you know what i mean
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 05:30:51 pm    Post subject:

Well, actually you could harness some of the coolness in GTA by making a game that didn't look like a slow port of the PC game (as was so on the GBA). Instead, you could use toned-down graphics (simple 4x4 or 6x6 sprites as characters, cars composed of 1-2 sprite blocks), limited "action" gameplay (you walk around, choose cars, shoot, etc. but with less people and cars, little or no mission play, etc.), and a decent story (along with a plethora of upgrades to feast your mind upon), and you would have a great game. Then, make up for the slim graphics pickings with a nice startup screen (possibly grayscale) so you will have a pretty teaser-picture screenshot to boost initial downloads.
Neostar

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 05:54:49 pm    Post subject:

That's the plan. I don't have a startup screen though. It'll be a while before I can finish because of school. But, the game will have all those aspects, except, the missions will be great along with the storyline which is currently under development...
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 07:36:06 pm    Post subject:

Here is a sample of the much-diluted 3d graphics they used in GTA for the GBA:
Neostar

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 04:52:14 pm    Post subject:

that looks great for GBA...
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 11:37:54 pm    Post subject:

Well, add in that everything also runs slow, the screen is tiny, and its hard as heck to see the screen anyway unless God himself provides divine lighting conditions, it gets old.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninjas just stick to the many emulators on their computers...
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement