This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Raster

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 09:34:09 pm    Post subject:

Out of all the pic I have seen in overcolcking page, my calculator looks way different...
Things I see on the net:

And...

But mine looks like this:

Can anyone help me finding out any info on my calc version or anything?
There is a type of serial number at the right edge of the calc in the image if that helps...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 09:38:16 pm    Post subject:

Whoa! I've never seen a calc with that type of chipset! "TI-83(A)" means TI-83, and not 83+ right?
Raster

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 09:40:07 pm    Post subject:

No, its a plus, or in was made in cuba moded to act like a plus Laughing .
O yah, I tryed to look up the prossessor on the internet, I found absolutly nothing on it. the only thing I could find is the Flash ROM.
Another weird thing is that the mother board it only has 5 semiconductors:

1 prossesor(may also contain RAM inside)
2 flip-flop 8 bit switches
1 Flash ROM
1 Voltage regulator
and a bunch of transistors

But it works alot better that anyone of my friends TI's

Last edited by Guest on 18 Apr 2005 09:47:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 09:50:50 pm    Post subject:

That's bizarre. I wish I had a datasheet to help figure out were this clocking cap went. If you give me the processor number, I'll ask around for you.
Raster

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 09:59:33 pm    Post subject:

Ok, Im going to give you exactly what it looks like:

Inventec
6SI837 0A
Japan 0216EAI
PDARD
F0254ZAA

I would be very glad if you could find anything on this prossesor Laughing .
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Apr 2005 05:26:04 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I put in the request for you. These things can usually take a few days or weeks for these rare foreign chips. It might just be easier to contact an American distributor and ask them to fax or email the datasheet.
Raster

Posted: 19 Apr 2005 05:32:42 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Okay, I put in the request for you.  These things can usually take a few days or weeks for these rare foreign chips.  It might just be easier to contact an American distributor and ask them to fax or email the datasheet.

I am still trying to contact a few, I only got a computer replys. Its been about 2 weeks now, still no respone, and I cant call anyone because there scedule is like 8AM-4:30PM, and I get home at 4:30... Sad
Raster

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 08:34:37 pm    Post subject:

Im getting upset at two companys, EPSON and Inventec. First EPSON for not giving me anything refering to an LCD display I have, and Inventec for not giving me anything on the prossessor in my calc... I finaly tryed sending them 3 emails, maybe that will get the message around Wink .
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 09:06:58 pm    Post subject:

My data request didn't go through either. These old foreign chips are a real nuisence. You'd think there'd be a database or something. Maybe Detached Solutions can help. Jim e does a few mods I think.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement