This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2005 03:35:08 pm    Post subject:

lloydkirk1989 wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:
lloydkirk1989 wrote:
Note to be rude, but this is realy old news.
That's old news as well.
What a queer statement... Rolling Eyes
:confused:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Its reasonably good, but there's many places(like here) were you can host your own IPB for free. That way they can be customized and you don't have the long url...
I bet people would want to see some URLs to those sites.
Maybe you should have looked at my previous posts... Rolling Eyes
I have, one of them doesn't accept registrations, the other's database is down.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 May 2005 04:37:21 pm    Post subject:

FYI, I highly recomend against letting someone else host your forum.

My recomendations are as follows. Buy your own domain and be sure you are the owner in controll of DNS and the Name Servers for it! This will give you ultimate control of the domain. Next, you get yourself a server or find hosting where you have access to the Database and the Files. You will need a host that supports PHP and MySQL. Now, you pay for the forum and install it. You make regular backups...

If anything goes wrong, you can take your backups with you, and even move the domain to a different server at a different IP address if you wish! You are in contorl.
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 30 May 2005 06:48:53 pm    Post subject:

My oppinion exactly...
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2005 01:48:34 am    Post subject:

Jbirk wrote:
FYI, I highly recomend against letting someone else host your forum.

My recomendations are as follows.  Buy your own domain and be sure you are the owner in controll of DNS and the Name Servers for it!  This will give you ultimate control of the domain.  Next, you get yourself a server or find hosting where you have access to the Database and the Files.  You will need a host that supports PHP and MySQL.  Now, you pay for the forum and install it.  You make regular backups...

If anything goes wrong, you can take your backups with you, and even move the domain to a different server at a different IP address if you wish!  You are in contorl.
[post="51074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Too bad that that costs money though..
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 31 May 2005 06:02:48 am    Post subject:

Even if you can't find a good free host, there are plenty of paid hosts with ridiculous pricing, like $1 a month.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 31 May 2005 07:01:25 am    Post subject:

Indeed, and I recommend tengun.net, but unlike in America, not everybody has a creditcard when they're 12 or some other means of actually getting their money to their host.

Besides, it's not like it's some kind of taboo to not have a paid 10gb/month personal 1PB SUN server at your disposal.

Last edited by Guest on 31 May 2005 07:02:10 am; edited 1 time in total
lloydkirk1989

Posted: 31 May 2005 05:20:37 pm    Post subject:

Tengun.net looks awesome... :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2005 09:04:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bledoux

Posted: 31 May 2005 05:34:59 pm    Post subject:

One of my friends from school (elfprince13) uses United-TI for hosting and it's really reliable. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 01 Jun 2005 09:04:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Jun 2005 09:05:16 pm    Post subject:

We strive to do our best, so we exceed most hosts.
Bledoux

Posted: 02 Jun 2005 07:29:01 am    Post subject:

Yeah, this site is pretty good for hosting. Most free hosting sites don't even support PHP. Which is kind of annoying at times. Thats why this one is so much better. Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement