This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Apr 2005 09:20:01 pm    Post subject:

Even tho Seq() can take some time, I think I will use that over reducing the size of L1 using dim().

Reason: L1 can become a very large list, compying it just once would greatly increase the nescessary run space! :D

I will use the dim() method for the other 4 lists however! Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 05 Apr 2005 09:21:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Apr 2005 09:34:33 pm    Post subject:

By using it don't you have to copy it to Ans anyway?

Also, if L2 points to the first element in each frame, why does it have more than 10 elements?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Apr 2005 09:43:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
By using it don't you have to copy it to Ans anyway?

No, by executing the Seq() command right on the spot, it will update L1 right then. If your question is dont I have to conserve L1? then the answer is no i dont :)

Quote:
Also, if L2 points to the first element in each frame, why does it have more than 10 elements?

L2 contains starting points for each frame for each level list (Theres 5 lists to a lvl (Excluding L2), it also contains the Y positions for where to respawn your charecter... Very Happy

ALMOST!!!
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 04:13:12 pm    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
No, by executing the Seq() command right on the spot, it will update L1 right then. If your question is dont I have to conserve L1? then the answer is no i dont Smile

But when you do

Code:
seq(A,B,C,D -> L1

the sequence is stored to both L1 and Ans... this may or may not be what alexrudd was referring to...
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 04:40:55 pm    Post subject:

It may orr may not be what he was referring to, however I would then have 3x the memory consumption. L1, the temp list, and ANS.

Well guys, This is definetely going to work. I coded alot of it and am working the bugs outta it now. The problem is I have to make sure if performs well for every list, which all have their own formats and stuff, so this is my main issue right now.

But in my view this problem has pretty much been solved. Thanks to everyone that really helped out with it. I will give you the final results and maybe some screenshots before the end of the day I hope. And if it all works I will update its release date... Very Happy
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 07:51:03 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, should I just come out and explain what I was referring to?

I thought that using seq( to generate a new list would store that list to Ans, but I wasn't thinking of the lists being combined all at the same time. Bryan was correct.

Are you going to release the source also? (Maybe a prerelease in a *cough* secret *cough* place like the Sonic source?)

Wow, Contra is getting a lot of attention here anyway, probably because nothing else is really active. (except Sonic maybe)

Last edited by Guest on 06 Apr 2005 07:51:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgan

Posted: 07 Apr 2005 04:12:34 am    Post subject:

I still think it is a shamethat ticalc.org hasn't featured this yet! Someone needs to give Michael a stern lickin!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 04:06:49 pm    Post subject:

Saving officially works!!!!

The Level editor is now back on track. I will update you guys accordingly :D

Quote:
I still think it is a shamethat ticalc.org hasn't featured this yet! Someone needs to give Michael a stern lickin!

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that TiCalc might feature an updated version and lvl editor Sad

Last edited by Guest on 11 Apr 2005 04:07:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rezek
Better Than You

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 May 2005 01:26:46 pm    Post subject:

has this project been worked on lately? just wondering... hope it's not dead Sad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement