This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Ziggy

Posted: 31 Mar 2005 02:43:47 pm    Post subject:

all the warioware games are amazing, this one looks just as good. keep up the good work and see if you can put in the ever-popular nose-picking game
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Apr 2005 01:59:59 pm    Post subject:

For game number 5, the SOLVE one, you should rotate the pieces so it doesn't look so obvious which one is the right one. Smile
the_unknown_one

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Apr 2005 03:42:59 pm    Post subject:

Yea, i was thinking that too.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Apr 2005 05:07:35 pm    Post subject:

Have you considered using some compression on the pictures? I bet you could get most of them down to 33% - 25%.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 02 Apr 2005 05:09:19 pm    Post subject:

The real WarioWare games progressed through stages of random microgames chosen from the complete set. When a particular microgame was completed successfuly, it's difficulty would increase a notch the next time it came up. Not sure how many difficulty levels there were, although I do believe they are incrimental and there are a lot of them.

Also, it typically took an increasingly larger number of wins to progress through each stage. For example, stage one was ten wins, stage two was like 12 or something, stage three was 15-ish, and so on and so forth (it's been a while since I played, I don't remember exactly ^^;).

Last edited by Guest on 02 Apr 2005 05:12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bluefire

Posted: 03 Apr 2005 02:07:08 am    Post subject:

i think its only 3 stages, then resets but each game has less time, and that repeats
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 01:39:32 am    Post subject:

I played the new Wario Ware at the store today, but I couldn't get past "are you right-handed" because it stopped accepting input. I tried all the keys and the touch pad!

:: Grumbling ::
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 09:21:19 am    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
I played the new Wario Ware at the store today, but I couldn't get past "are you right-handed" because it stopped accepting input.  I tried all the keys and the touch pad!

:: Grumbling ::

I had the same, i went to 3 shops that had the DS, 2 shops were stuck at 'are you right-handed'. Luckily, the 3rd shop worked.
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Apr 2005 03:24:20 pm    Post subject:

For "Pixelated!", I'm thinking of increasing the speed of the timer as the games progress.

I also thought of another microgame, and took one from the original WW:

6. Archive!

Archive the specified file.

7. Pick!

Pick the nose when the moving finger is in position.

I played "Touched!" at an ISD (in-store-demo)... It was really fun, but the Touch Screen lagged a bit and had little sensitivity (due to the violence that people put on the screen)... They only had a stylus tied to the left side of the DS, so I just pulled out my own stylus from my pocket, which helped a lot. I hope to get both Touched! and Twisted! when Twisted! comes out, then I'll have both games in my DS at once!

[EDIT]
I haven't been working on WW:P! that much because, while over spring break was prime for programming, now I'm just too busy... I'll work on it extensively and non-stop once summer begins or I get a good weekend... Until then, I'll just be making up or accepting microgame ideas and graphics...

Also, for compressing images, I think its best I use compression, or else I'll have to skimp on the number of games... Are there any good compression/uncompression routines out there? I'd expect I'd have to run a windows program on my bitmap data, and then use a TI-routine to uncompress and display the sprites/pics...

It would be good if I could have the game copy microgames from the archive (possibly located in a datafile in the form of a program or appvar) to empty space in the program, and then run them... That way I could fit more than just 20K of microgames...

Last edited by Guest on 09 Apr 2005 03:38:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raster

Posted: 09 Apr 2005 10:19:25 pm    Post subject:

That game is looking very good. Im going to dl when you finish it. Then, show it to my friends, and keep it to myself Razz .
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 03:03:11 am    Post subject:

Wow, that looks great! I like the Archive game, it really makes it more 83+ like.

And the nose-pick one is classic of course!
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 09:33:27 am    Post subject:

I wonder if randomly picking programs the player actually has on his calculator would be worth the trouble for the Archive game... seems like it wouldn't work if the player doesn't have any programs..
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 12:02:23 pm    Post subject:

Why would you delete them?
If I understand correctly, the game would come with the minigames, just keep them in archive to save space.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 01:54:49 pm    Post subject:

Delete what? I was thinking that in the
game, you could have the programs among the choices be real programs (apart from the "ARCH_ME!" obviously).
Madskillz

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 04:44:18 pm    Post subject:

that would be sweet, but it isn't a must have.
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 06:36:06 pm    Post subject:

My suggestion is
you press the 2nd button to spin...but you get dizzy for a second after words
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 07:59:13 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
Delete what? I was thinking that in the
game, you could have the programs among the choices be real programs (apart from the "ARCH_ME!" obviously).

Would it involve scrolling through the names? If it did, there would be some sort of limit, as TI-84+ SE users with lots of programs might not be able to physically scroll down to ARCHME. Neutral
jvdthwip

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Apr 2005 08:43:47 pm    Post subject:

@necro:
So you're saying, just press 2nd to make (what looks like) Mario spin? What's that larger sprite?

@alexrudd:
I was thinking of just placing 4 or 5 programs, including "ARCH_ME!", and placing arch_me! randomly in spaces 1-5 (ignoring TI-OS's alphabetic sorting...)...
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 05:53:46 am    Post subject:

jvdthwip wrote:
@necro:
So you're saying, just press 2nd to make (what looks like) Mario spin? What's that larger sprite?

@alexrudd:
I was thinking of just placing 4 or 5 programs, including "ARCH_ME!", and placing arch_me! randomly in spaces 1-5 (ignoring TI-OS's alphabetic sorting...)...

no, you press second to make the wario head with a tail spin at the mario...It isn't a very good sprite but I did it quickly
Madskillz

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 02:58:59 pm    Post subject:

ah...I see the Wario head now! I didn't see it before, I thought it was just like a monster or something! Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement