This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Raster

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 10:30:17 pm    Post subject:

This is something I threw togeather in a couple of hours. I found my old GameBoy Color Handy pack, and I thought how can I put it on a TI. I used the lens/light screen thing to expand the screen and light it (duhh), and used the speakers, as TI speakers(Well thats pritty obvious). It look crapy, but it works well, I will have a couple diagrams, saturday or sunday of this week. (Note: This took alot of plastic sheets from 2 liter bottels (recycle reuse), and alot of hot glue (ouch my fingers hurt).)

Very pore quality, Ill get a better image tommarow

PS: If you dont like my spelling will speak french, because the english languedge is mest up anyway. If you want to file a complaint, send a complaint to cingul@r wireless cause they suck. Ok, thats enough comments.
Madskillz

Posted: 25 Feb 2005 10:45:38 pm    Post subject:

Does it work...? Very Happy
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2005 01:31:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It look crapy, but it works well.

Looks awesome man! Now, if we could only get decent-er sound...
Madskillz

Posted: 26 Feb 2005 03:36:58 pm    Post subject:

I guess I missed that...or he could just be talking about how it works well for having all that stuff on the calculator. He did get that all on the calc...it works in that sense...

I guess it is how you read it.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Feb 2005 03:38:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raster

Posted: 26 Feb 2005 06:27:44 pm    Post subject:

Actually it puts out very good sound (But the calculator, obviously will have bad sound), it just looks crapy, and the lights on it work farly well.

I said I would have pisture yesterday, and diagrams today, but I was busy yesterday, so here are the pics now and sometime soon Ill have the diagrams.

PIC 1
PIC 2
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 02:27:18 pm    Post subject:

Did you actually hook up the sound with the link port??
If you didn't, you could have something like a two-way split to get both the link and the sound working. You'd also need an on/off switch because the calc freezes whenever you've got speakers hooked up to it!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 02:50:34 pm    Post subject:

And wouldn't that make the sound freak out any time you use the link port?
Brazucs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 03:33:41 pm    Post subject:

No, that's what the on/off switch would be for. You'd turn it off whenever you're not on a shell or Calcmod or an ASM game with sound.
You wouldn't even be able to get to the Link/Receive page with the speakers on.
Madskillz

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 06:49:20 pm    Post subject:

I might have to try this...I found my old Gameboy handy pack...I was also able to fix my calc, which was screwed up, I thought beyond repair. (I believe other calcs have had the same problem)TI said they would look into it...puh, I can do it myself for free. Very Happy My mom bought me an 84+ SE already though, so now I have a workable 83+ which I plan to speed up and now maybe add all this...
Raster

Posted: 28 Feb 2005 05:30:51 pm    Post subject:

Ok, the sound is connected through the link port, there is a volume control on it so it will not blast your ears, and I havent had any problem with the calculator, freezing up.

PS: Sorry guys but I got in HUGE troble from my parents, I got an F in my english class Mad , so I will not be on here for a while, probably a week or two, I will probably be here tommarw to answer the last of the questions but that is it, so post many questions possible.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Feb 2005 08:12:34 pm    Post subject:

I think the freezing effect is only a problem with mono ports and headphones that use low-impedance (below 8ohm, very rare) speakers. I guess it's too late to ask, but what were you using to control the volume?

Last edited by Guest on 28 Feb 2005 08:12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raster

Posted: 01 Mar 2005 08:21:57 pm    Post subject:

I know I went cheep on controlling the volume, I just tied a variable resistor (pot) between the battery and the mini-amp power, I probably could have joined the pot from the gound of the speakers (since they goto the same ground) to the ground on the board (but that would make it stereo), Ill look into it.

I got an update from my parents, I will only be out for about 5 days (Thank god!!!), so Ill seeya saturday or sunday Very Happy .

Last edited by Guest on 01 Mar 2005 08:23:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raster

Posted: 14 Mar 2005 10:33:51 am    Post subject:

Well, I haven't been here for a while (procrastination), but I will have designs up today or tomarrow, (Im very sorry, I have been procrastinating), talk to ya guys later.
Raster

Posted: 16 Mar 2005 11:38:16 pm    Post subject:

Finaly, the designs are here:

The items you will need from Game boy handy pack is:
Lens assembly (even the exetender things)
Speakers
Battery Pack
All circuit board (intacked)

Other items:
Plastic or metal
a small metal pole (from a hanger or somthing)
Lots of hot glue Laughing
Some way to hook speakers to calc (3.5mm mod, 2.5mm plug ex.)

If you would like volume control, you can put a pot between the ground of the speaker and the ground connection.

Finaly the designs:
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement