This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Mar 2005 07:15:48 am    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
*sigh*
Quote:
I had no idea what Machina meant I have never used it in Latin.
machina, ae, f. machine; siege-engine.

I was pretty sure that Deus Ex Machina means God on the crane, the old romans used a crane to make their actors 'fly' to make them look like gods and stuff.

Maybe that's just idiom or sumthing.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 Mar 2005 11:22:43 am    Post subject:

A crane is a machine. Wink
Apostle

Posted: 04 Apr 2005 07:42:11 pm    Post subject:

Okay, got some screens and mocked one up to look like how the finished product should look in my opinion:

The title page, but this has been drastically changed already to be smaller and better in memory. At one point a shade command filled the screen so it looked semi-professional, but I eventually got tired of sitting through it while debugging segments of code.
The Title Screen

Here is the main menu with options for building a mech, training against an AI mech (randomly generated), playing against a friend (via link cable, but I don't know how that will pan out), the missions, and finally the mapmaker and the program exit.
Main Menu

Here is a view of gameplay as I have setup right now. It is missing a few aspects (CI is basically HP and EC is special energy) but is otherwise running smooth. The degrees that the player is facing is not restricted to just within 360 degrees or positive numbers, and that compass next to the map (with a light greyscale-like points indicating your position) was pretty "fun" to develop.
In-Game

This is the last screen, but setup like how I want it to basically look like as a finished product. I guess it isn't much different since all that changed was the EC and CI counters work, there is a cursor in the middle of the screen (not supposed to move), and there is the 2nd and ALPHA words at the top to signify that the corresponding weapon system has been activated (fired in the direction of the number key pressed, for example 7 fires at an upwards angle to the left). Until I can figure out how to clear a specific and large section of the screen (2/3rds, all but the top) I just use a picture file and save and recall it continuously after erasing and redrawing the bottom. Also, for anyone who saw the original raycasting demo, this looks much smoother and due to the use of pxl-test in place of a matrix moves even faster.
Finished Concept

Players check out parts here and then select which they use in the assembler area
Equipment List

My "two-dimensional menu" modified from the rest of the menus in the interface. Notice the funny symbols! Might change, because if I pass it out at school people are going to bug me about how I got simga, alpha, and the like on there.
The Assembler

Only one concept picture now (if I showed you the real ones you'd understand why I can't make them sprites; they are too detailed). In any event, enjoy.

EDIT: Sorry about the pictures, they just came out as .bmp when I made them and I'll try and get them changed into something easier to view shortly.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Apr 2005 07:47:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
axcho

Posted: 05 Apr 2005 12:08:20 pm    Post subject:

Nice. How fast does the engine run? Are you erasing the old lines with a Line() command with the last parameter set to zero, or just ClrDraw? Another way you could do it is use plots with the type set to xyLine instead of Scatter. I don't know if that erases the whole screen or just the lines. You could test that out. Also, if it is fast enough (not likely) you could use plots for the scaled enemy sprites! And I would recommend drawing the cursor as a Pt-On of a cross.

So am I going to get a ton of email that people will expect me to reply to? Thanks for the recognition. You don't have to put my whole email address though. Maybe just "AXCHO" or something. I don't know. It's fine I think.
Apostle

Posted: 05 Apr 2005 01:47:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, at the moment I simply draw the initial picture stuff (radar, words, and the lines seperating the top and bottom "hemispheres") and save it as a pic file and then use clearDraw and recall the picture immediately afterwards. Of course using inverse lines would work too, but I haven't gotten around to fully optimizing the modified code yet.

And I don't think you'd get a ton of Email from this, to tell you the truth...
axcho

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 12:45:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hmmm, I guess you're right. I put my email address in several of my games and have not gotten a single email about any of them!
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Apr 2005 01:58:05 pm    Post subject:

axcho wrote:
Quote:
Hmmm, I guess you're right. I put my email address in several of my games and have not gotten a single email about any of them!

I put my email address in the game I submitted to ticalc, and I got one response: someone wanted to use it as a minigame in a series, along with "my" other programs. Turned out he had another Alex.
Lunar Wolf Demon

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 10:23:05 am    Post subject:

I'm a newbie.What kind of game is Sum Machina?I'm making a game called Demon Realm.How do i start my on topic?Someone Please tell me! Neutral
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Apr 2005 12:52:29 pm    Post subject:

About Sum Machina: check the first post in this topic.
About Demon Realm: go to the project ideas / start new projects subforum, and make a new topic there.
I like the name Demon Realm! It sounds very much like my own project, Destiny Realm!
Apostle

Posted: 13 Apr 2005 07:00:24 pm    Post subject:

About the screen thing, I actually never knew about "anti-lines" before, so I implemented it and it actually proves to be very useful (I can control movement speeds now!). More importantly it frees up the pic variable.

To tell you the truth, aside from optimizing, there is very little left. I just have to get some sprites (see sprite requests in TI-BASIC section) and get some enemies and a campaign story and all that mundane stuff associated. A recent RAM clear at the hands of a fool (a complete and utter FOOL!) set me back two days, but I had a backup, thankfully, and knew what to fix. So I'm progressing ever so slowly.

In terms of linking for multiplayer, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing, but fortunately my sister has a calc to experiment, er, test with.

EDIT: YES!!! I found an ASM linking program! I guess I didn't look hard enough. http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/340/34072.html

Last edited by Guest on 13 Apr 2005 07:45:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Apr 2005 09:36:07 am    Post subject:

Me taedet. Ego volo ire et vexo meus magistram.

Irata est. Non amat me qoud semper molesto.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Apr 2005 09:40:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Apostle

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 07:32:28 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, I do not know very much latin to understand that, but I can pick out a few pieces here and there. :P

I beleive I have strained the engine to the end of it's ability and I'm starting to think that I may require a lib for this or even just write the raycasting code in ASM. The only hurdle, I guess, is that I don't know if ASM does trig functions...otherwise everything on the frontend is complete and the engine is all that is left to modify. Cool

(BTW, since when did I get moderating options? Ah, nevermind. Very Happy )

Last edited by Guest on 21 Apr 2005 07:33:23 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 09:23:23 am    Post subject:

Everyone gets moderation options for topics they created: how else would you delete a topic?
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 09:39:25 am    Post subject:

necro wrote:

it says "I am bored. I will go and anoy my (female) teacher."
it also says (or is supposed to say) "She is anoyed. She does not like me because I am always anoying"
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 11:00:17 am    Post subject:

STERCVS STERCVS STERCVS MORITVRVS SVM
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
QUANTA CALIGULA ILLA IN FENESTRA

that's enough dog latin for today.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 04:12:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1. The "Ego" is optional.
2. Right now you're saying "I want to go and I annoy my teacher." What you might want to say is "Volo ire et vexare..."
3. meus should agree with magistram, making it "Volo ire et vexare meam magistram"
4. I seriously doubt that "to go and do s.th." is a Latin expression.
Quote:

Maybe, "Non amat me quod semper illam molesto", "because I always annoy her"?

Let's split this into a separate topic about Latin.
necro

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Apr 2005 06:31:45 am    Post subject:

I know the Ego is optional but always include them because it makes it faster for me to read, sorry I forgot to put on an infinitive ending Neutral but molestus-a-um is a adjetive, vexare is the verb that means 'to anoy' and the her can be inferred and can be omitted. Regardless if the phrase 'to go and to_verb_ "exists, the words fit together to say something to that effect...omit two syntax errors.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Apr 2005 06:32:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Apr 2005 08:39:50 am    Post subject:

necro wrote:
but molestus-a-um is a adjetive

In that case, it should agree with the noun it's describing. Ex:

Irata est. Non amat me quod semper molestus sum.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Apr 2005 08:40:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Apostle

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 04:40:06 pm    Post subject:

I hope nobody thought I abandoned the project, but I have been redesigning a portion of the content and making some sprites. The pictures I posted before (somewhere) have been 'sprite-itized', and I'll upload them soon enough. The game now consists of 15 missions, each rewarding the player with cash to buy more complex parts (a built-in tutorial, in a sense) and rewards excellent play with hidden parts. Each mech is now built of a chassis (that has either boosters, shields, other anti-weapons, etc.), three weapons (each arm and a back), an energy supply system, and an optional part (the effects are not described, the player must discover the functions). There is a 15 enemy arena, about 30-40 parts, various weapon types, stealth (easy, since it's monochrome Razz) with a background inverter to spot stealth users, and, of course, linked versus. If I cannot get linked versus to work, I have a new idea, inspired by the idiotic (for the PSP) game, Formula Front, where you program an AI to fight for you on one system.

BTW, the full name has been changed to Sum Machina: Iuramus, or I am the Machine: We swear it.

I'm learning ASM, so that is why you don't see much coding going on right now from me Laughing .

edit: sorry, can't spell today.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Jun 2005 04:43:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madskillz

Posted: 29 Jun 2005 07:35:03 pm    Post subject:

Thats cool, great to hear this project and you aren't dead! Oh and keep up with the ASM, it is hard at first, but you will get the hang of it. I recommend ASM in 28 days if you haven't looked into that already. Oh and other people's source is always good to, when you can see the source and then see the action that it produces, it is a great way to learn...the best in my opinion.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement