This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
Tyraniek

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 04:12:59 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to delete or to archive a picture which is in the RAM. Is that possible in asm ? (I know a lot of things is possible in asm, but we never know).
I know that with RST 10h (I don't understand why we're not allowed to write RST $10) we can determinate whether the picture is in the RAM, or even if it's archived, but can we change this status ? Can we delete a picture ?
(after that, I'll delete the kernel32.ddl which is on my TI :-P Don't laugh, there is a OS which can be damaged ;)
Job the GameQuitter

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 06:24:02 pm    Post subject:

Look up "DelVar" in the systemroutines document. Quite simply, follow up an RST 10h immediatly with a bcal(DelVar), and poof! The variable goes byebye.

Speaking of the OS, I believe that messing with what's stored at ROM-page 0 is really, really bad.
Tyraniek

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 04:04:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
messing with what's stored at ROM-page 0 is really, really bad

For sure ! But don't be affraid : first of all, I'm not good enough in asm to do that, and then, I allways test my programs on my own TI, and I don't want to detroy it neither Smile
Now that I know how to delete a variable (how easy it is with DelVar !), do you know how to archive a varible ?
It is possible with a BASIC function, so why not in assembly Wink

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jul 2003 04:07:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Tyraniek

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 05:09:52 am    Post subject:

I've found !

I searched "Arc" in the asmTI83p.inc and I found a rom_call named Arc_Unarc.
Owever, as I didn't found any documentation on how to use this function.

So I've tested it on my calc and it works perfectly, and easyly !!
In fact, as its name says it, it works as Del_Var (I mean, its input are the utputs of RST 10h) and when you use it on a archived var, it disarchive it and vice versa

cool
When my program is finished (soon), I'll tell you what it is (nothing especially difficult to do)
Tyraniek

Posted: 13 Jul 2003 06:26:59 am    Post subject:

[font="Arial"]Here it is !
I've put it on my other FTP because the first one is "dead" :-(

So what is it ? Well, it is simply a viewer for TI-83+ (as ACD-SEE for PCs) !
In fact, this is the second version of this program (the first moved the pictures from the top to the bottom of the screen ; it was pretty but it was too long for a viewer).

What's more, I think someone here is doing an OS (or a shell), yeah, that's it : WallsXP. So I though he could use this if he wants to include a viewer Wink What's more, there isn't any advertising and all the strings are in English ! Laughing

Now that's this program is finished, I'm gonna wait 'til it is available on ticalc.org and Im gonna continue my website on nwn Wink
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 11:06:24 am    Post subject:

well, it sounds pretty nice, but when i click the link, it comes up with an empty .zip Neutral ... now, i want to know, does it display the small versions of the pics, or the big versions? (small versions, as in, every other pixel or so....)
Tyraniek

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 01:49:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
when i click the link, it comes up with an empty .zip

Try doing "load target to...", instead of "open".
The zip contains 4 files : the source, the .8xp file, the readme and the include file.

It displays large pictures.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 08:03:18 pm    Post subject:

ah, i took a look, and it looks alright, but i think i will go off an idea from cirrus, and make it display a few mini pictures... and then u choose which one u want and what not...

actually, i tried to do my own pic files type thing... it didnt work so well... what i did, is try and make a prog that just had a pic in it... and when u open it in WALLSxp, it would display it... lets just suficeth it to say that if there wasnt an image on ur drive, then it would have disatrous results Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jul 2003 08:08:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement