This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 07:28:29 pm    Post subject:

I hope this forum will help us all moderate the UTI Forums even better and yadayadayada...

If there's any questions regarding the creation of this forum, you can post them here.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Jan 2005 07:28:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 Jan 2005 05:55:48 am    Post subject:

I'd just like to note that if you want to post topic/post deletions, and any other such moderator actions, you can make a topic about it. This goes for anything you find worth mentioning to the other mods, really.

Requests for assistance,
topic moves, (if necessary)
topic deletions,
post deletions,
topic merges,
topic splits,
etc etc.

Think of this forum as a Moderating Log topic + a little more.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 06 Jun 2005 12:38:42 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
I'd just like to note that if you want to post topic/post deletions, and any other such moderator actions, you can make a topic about it. This goes for anything you find worth mentioning to the other mods, really.

Requests for assistance,
topic moves, (if necessary)
topic deletions,
post deletions,
topic merges,
topic splits,
etc etc.

Think of this forum as a Moderating Log topic + a little more.

Is this still in effect? I didn't notice this topic until recently, and therefore have not been posting any moderating actions. Should this be restarted?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jun 2005 05:18:20 pm    Post subject:

Better to post them in here, instead of making a new topic about each. This topic was originally posted in the Moderator forum, which got merged back into this one.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Aug 2005 08:36:54 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd (PM to Rezek) wrote:
Rezek wrote:
Actually, if you wanted to really torture necro (and I'm only saying this cuz I'm in a fowl mood today), simply hold a contest in which graphics of any kind other than ascii are banned. Kevin would win, and necro wouldn't enter.
Post deleted, under forum rule #1:
Quote:
You must be respectful to everyone, and you must not disrespect anyone. You may disagree with someone, but you must still stay repectful of their point of view.

I understand how necro can be annoying sometimes, but there's no need to start a flamefest. No "official" warning, but don't let me catch you doing it again.

I didn't think it was serious enough to deserve an official warning, he did say he was in a foul mood and probably wouldn't post it normally.

EDIT:
Quote:
I apologize, that was out of line icon9.gif. Thanks for getting rid of it, I guess I didn't realize just how bad that sounded at the time.

Last edited by Guest on 13 Aug 2005 10:02:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 10:46:00 am    Post subject:

me wrote:
Forum Rules wrote:
You must not advertise, sell stuff, or Spam! If you do, your account will be removed and you will be banned!
I do think that this rule referred to spamming on the forum. In any case, I perhaps was not as outspoken about not mass emailing Michael Vincent as I should have been. I'm not going to ban or raise your warn level at this time.

However, if you do encourage spam of this sort again, appropriate action will be taken.

Just don't do it, ok?

Sir Robin
I don't think there's anything in our rules yet that prohibits this sort of action. But I think there should be.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 06:12:37 pm    Post subject:

If I understand correctly he encouraged others to send a lot of e-mails to a certain Micheal Vincent?

Not that we must have a rule for everything in order to be able to act upon bad behaviour, but perhaps we could add a general rule:

It is not allowed to encourage, force, or otherwise manipulate others to break any of the rules listed here, or otherwise intentionally misbehave.

As well as point out that the rules apply to the entire UnitedTI.org domain and all of it's public services.

I'll start working a on rules revision.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement