This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 01:23:34 pm    Post subject:

i have already submitted my review as seen in this topic. I'll go emailing Michael V after a while.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 02:19:27 pm    Post subject:

I understand that you want your hard work to be acknowledged, but I think instead of judging your game or yourself by what ticalc does with them you should judge ticalc.org...

I mean, if they don't feature Contra83 then that just proves that what I've been saying all along is true; ticalc.org sucks.
CoBB

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 05:43:53 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the readme should be revised. It says that this program works on the 83, whereas that's simply not true... Additionally, you should synchronise its contents with the rest of the zip, since it talks about files that are already grouped, so the installation procedure can't be performed as it's in the readme. Most importantly, however, you should rephrase the program description at ticalc. No matter what a quality production it is, using the word 'advanced' five times among other loads of self hyping just doesn't help distinguishing it from the usual Basic crap. Let the reviewers praise it; they will if it's really worthy.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 09:44:50 am    Post subject:

Won't it look suspiscious (sp?) if all the members of the forum where you are most active start bombarding TI-CALC with emails?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 01:36:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i have already submitted my review as seen in this topic. I'll go emailing Michael V after a while.

Cool, but ummm its pretty obvious that the screenshots have not been attached yet because your review still hasnt showed up, ticalc is slacking

Quote:
I understand that you want your hard work to be acknowledged, but I think instead of judging your game or yourself by what ticalc does with them you should judge ticalc.org...

I mean, if they don't feature Contra83 then that just proves that what I've been saying all along is true; ticalc.org sucks.

Yeah I know Arcane. But for some reason, It would obviously make me feel accomplished if TiCalc posted news on Contra, but that really doesnt mean anything if they dont because I know that you guys all like it. It is just something many programs try to do and only some can do. I was hoping that Contra would make the news...but oh well. Sad

Quote:
Maybe the readme should be revised. It says that this program works on the 83, whereas that's simply not true... Additionally, you should synchronise its contents with the rest of the zip, since it talks about files that are already grouped, so the installation procedure can't be performed as it's in the readme. Most importantly, however, you should rephrase the program description at ticalc. No matter what a quality production it is, using the word 'advanced' five times among other loads of self hyping just doesn't help distinguishing it from the usual Basic crap. Let the reviewers praise it; they will if it's really worthy.

All that crap will be revised when I release the revised version of Contra along with the level editor (within a month). So yeah... Very Happy

Quote:
Won't it look suspiscious (sp?) if all the members of the forum where you are most active start bombarding TI-CALC with emails?
Most likely Very Happy

----------------------
The level editor is going great, I got a really cool interface going and got some awesome menus. I would post screenshots but as I said before, my ftp client is not cooperating and I cant access my webspace for some reason. AS SOON as I figure it all out ill post some screenshots, and an unprotected version of contra... Very Happy
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 02:12:14 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we should email featprog@ticalc.org instead?
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 07:45:59 pm    Post subject:

Isn't Michael V on these forums? Surely he wouldn't let something this huge slip past him Surprised
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Jan 2005 08:58:15 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy Oh well, screw ticalc...lol I officially hate it aswell arcane Very Happy

Level editor is going well...otherwise theres not much I gotta say lol
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Jan 2005 07:14:35 am    Post subject:

Ticalc rant in the rants and raves forum anyone? Razz
axcho

Posted: 23 Jan 2005 04:07:12 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget to make it save the graph settings when it runs and then restore them at the end. Do a StoreGDB 0 at the beginning, on an exit do RecallGDB 0 and then DelVar GDB0.
Player1

Posted: 18 Mar 2005 04:16:22 pm    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
So, i saw there was no topic yet for reactions about Contra (except Draks st00pid rant), so i just started it myself. Here's my reaction (more like a review)

which i formally apoligize for... >.>
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement