This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 11:38:01 am    Post subject:

I was under the impression that an mp3 cd is .. well, a cd. I've never had an mp3 player before, so this is my first time making them. Nero Express will only let me burn them to dvd. Are all mp3 cd's dvds, or can I make a cd mp3 cd lol. I make one on dvd, and my player give me a "disc loading error." Maybe my player just sucks.

What do you guys use to make mp3 cds, and do you make them on cds or dvds

Imp

Last edited by Guest on 30 Dec 2004 03:48:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Dec 2004 04:43:00 pm    Post subject:

I use normal cd's and Nero (full version), they burn out as regular data cd's and work just fine in my car mp3 stereo.

You should be able to do the same, if not it might be a good idea to uninstall your cd burning software, download a newer version, then install that.

--AlienCC
optimize

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 05:48:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Nero Express will only let me burn them to dvd

Express probably won't burn MP3 discs... so all you do is download the trial program from www.ahead.com. Whatever you do, do not crack the program either. Wink Razz
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 06:27:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't think normal CD players can read MP3's: they have to be burned as an audio track or something. So MP3's are only good with computers, IPods, and the like.
MissingIntellect

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 07:22:07 pm    Post subject:

Almost any new portable CD player these days reads MP3 CDs--which are really just data CDs with MP3s on it.

Last edited by Guest on 31 Dec 2004 07:22:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 01:00:11 pm    Post subject:

"Express probably won't burn MP3 discs"

1) Run nero express
2) Click the music menu
3) Click Mp3 Disc
4) Make the mp3 disc through the gui it gives you
5) Hit the burn button
6) If you have a dvd in the drive, it will burn. If you have a cd in the drive, it will give you a wrong media error.

I figured it out anyways. All an mp3 cd is is just a audio cd with folders lol. Just burn an audio cd with nero, but put in directories and such, and an mp3 player will play that. Really simple

Imp
MissingIntellect

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 01:18:19 pm    Post subject:

JoeImp wrote:
I figured it out anyways. All an mp3 cd is is just a audio cd with folders lol. Just burn an audio cd with nero, but put in directories and such, and an mp3 player will play that. Really simple

Note that some MP3 CD players will only look for MP3s in a certain folder (or folders) and/or in the root of the CD.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement