This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Destiny Realm => Your Projects
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Dec 2004 11:05:12 am    Post subject:

Yes! I finally made smooth scrolling. Well, only vertical, but horizontal should be coming soon. What i did was making a big 960B buffer, the tempbuf, that replaces the gbuf. the tempbuf contains the screen and the tiles just above and just under the screen. When i scroll i just move the tiles on the outside screen areas to the screen area, and then copy the tempbuf to the screen. To make sure the character doesn't get scrolled, i made the routine that i use for the sprite copy to the gbuf.

here's a little screenie:

if it's looks ugly, then that's calc capture again. it looks great oncalc and onvti.

As you can see there is no horizontal scrolling yet, and i don't really know how to do that. Does someone have help, example code and stuff?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 12:15:52 pm    Post subject:

The smooth-scrolling is complete! It's not really smooth scrolling, you walk with 8 pixels a time, but the screen scrolls smoothly every time you walk. Like in pokemon blue.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 06:01:15 pm    Post subject:

Looks awesome Very Happy keep up the good work Laughing
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jan 2005 09:24:49 am    Post subject:

The new version looks way better, with the horizontal scrolling too. I'll make a screenshot in a while.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement