This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Jul 2003 12:18:05 am    Post subject:

I've got another Qbasic question. Is it possible to paste from and copy to the clipboard? I know you can press Alt and Enter to shrink the window and then click on the Paste button, but I don't think that will work for copying, and it would be nice to have the program do it automatically.

Actually I've got another related question as well. Whenever I run compiled Qbasic programs, it opens up in full screen. However, I sent one to a friend and it opened in a window. Is there any command that can open it up to full screen or shrink it to a window automatically?

Thanks!

Spyderbyte
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jul 2003 03:48:52 am    Post subject:

Well, you can cut and paste using shift + insert and ctrl + insert instead of ctrl + c and ctrl + v. I don't know if it does anything to the clipboard.

Full screen depends on how you have the executable set up, right click on it and press properties, then check the screen tab, it should have an option to have the program start up full screen or windowed.

If you want it to start up all your executables in fullscreen, do the above but for command.exe in c:\windows\command. This sets the dos prompt to always start up in full screen, so any programs using it do the same.

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jul 2003 03:56:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Jul 2003 10:31:37 am    Post subject:

I knew about Ctrl Insert and Shift Insert, but I think that works with it's own clipboard. Sorry about that, but I forgot to clarify that I wanted the user to be able to copy and paste while the program was running.
I'll mess around and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help on window settings too!

Spyderbyte
Jeffrey

Posted: 09 Jul 2003 03:52:23 pm    Post subject:

QuickBasic 4.5 comes with a copy/paste command in its interface, but nothing for the user to use. I would say that if you stored input into a variable then the user could just recall the varibale to copy something from within DOS by using a command that you supply. For example, if the user inputs "COPY"...

Code:
Input "Your Name"; name$
Input "Your name again"; name2$

IF NAME2$ = "COPY" THEN NAME2$ = NAME$
IntrnalDsK

Posted: 09 Jul 2003 05:04:37 pm    Post subject:

what about doskey, where, in an input, a user can press the UP key and recall the thing that they typed before. I don't know if that would work, but it's worth a try.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement