This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 01:39:34 pm    Post subject:

Ok guys,

This time it is official. The final release date for Contra 83 will be; January 1st, 2005. This date is set in stone, and I believe it will be the most effective as far as Contra 83's popularity goes.

Now I know what you guys are thinking, "He is just going to skip this release date just like he did the one before!" Well that is impossible considering how Contra is done right now! Contra is officially done in my book, and technically I could release it as early as Sunday. However, I want to make sure that the OLS Website is completely updated and prepared for Contra as well as maybe buffing out a level editor between now and Jan 1st (not likely). I want to make sure I have good communication with UTI, and of course the Ticalc staff. I am going to make sure the releasal goes just as I envisioned it. It has been almost 2 years in the making and I want to ensure that one little mistake does not cause its downfall.

So when the ball drops on new years, rush to your computers...because Contra will be alive and ready. I give you my word. Smile
b__

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 02:13:44 pm    Post subject:

Thats cool. Are you going to submit on january 1st or are you going to submit earlier and hope they have it around january 1st?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 02:49:40 pm    Post subject:

is it available for download exactly from 0:00 1/1/05 or from some later time?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Dec 2004 05:04:28 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy Well,

Hopefully once I get a hold of some ticalc.org staff members, I will tell them when I want it released hopefully they will make a special upload just for it. If not, OLS will have it at 0:00 1/1/05.

I am unsure if UTI will be able to have it at the exact time unless AlienCC is there with me and can make the upload pending time non-existant. But overall OLS will definetely have it ready. Very Happy
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Dec 2004 02:43:41 pm    Post subject:

It's not too hard to write a perl script to upload it at exactly that time so you can be busy having a life at 00:00 1/1/2005.
AndrewT
Outer Limit Software

Posted: 15 Dec 2004 11:15:11 pm    Post subject:

At least either way it will be available for download off the OLS site. Razz
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 16 Dec 2004 05:05:43 am    Post subject:

Zabotage has a download queue that everything must sit in before it is approved to show up in the download section. Each entry in this queue is given a Unique ID.

Bryan, if you upload this before hand, I can automate sending it to the download section at midnight based on that unique id while I'm off at the New Years Party with everyone else.

--AlienCC

Last edited by Guest on 16 Dec 2004 05:05:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Dec 2004 09:07:51 pm    Post subject:

I just recieved a reply from Michael Vincent (TiCalc News Editor)

He, said reply to him when the game is released into their archives. Sad
So that means that I cannot guarentee the game will be on TiCalc by the exact time that UTI and OLS will have it.

Quote:
Zabotage has a download queue that everything must sit in before it is approved to show up in the download section. Each entry in this queue is given a Unique ID.

Bryan, if you upload this before hand, I can automate sending it to the download section at midnight based on that unique id while I'm off at the New Years Party with everyone else.

--AlienCC

Sounds good to me, once I get everything 100% ready, We will get together and I will upload it to UTI, and you can set it all up. Once I get off for Xmas break. I will get all that ready. Till then w00t! Very Happy
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Dec 2004 08:54:22 am    Post subject:

Things are going pretty well with the Contra preparation, Ive got a couple of web pages made and Andrew is working on some new graphics. I also created a nice collage of some nice Contra screenshots. Check it out:

Things look good...
Madskillz

Posted: 20 Dec 2004 06:26:28 pm    Post subject:

Ha ha...nice man. Somehow looking at that collage of Contra screenshots, I pictured the Brady Bunch. You know with Alice in the middle and all the kids people around her...ahhhh I am a visionary! Razz
Fixen

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 07:14:24 pm    Post subject:

Bah.....a my stupid, malfunctioning, link port.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 01:55:06 am    Post subject:

Yay! Downloaded at 1:48 AM; I just want to tell you how great it is! Also makes me quite pissed off at my link cable that I didn't get to beta test...
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 06:21:54 am    Post subject:

i downloaded it, but my batteries are low so i can't play! DOH!!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement