This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Destiny Realm => Your Projects
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 09 Nov 2004 11:50:48 am    Post subject:

Hey, always good to see a new project starting Smile.

Can you give us any background information on the story etc?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Nov 2004 12:04:56 pm    Post subject:

tr1p1ea wrote:
Hey, always good to see a new project starting Smile.

Can you give us any background information on the story etc?

no story yet...

I'm in a very early state of development, so it could take a while before there is a story.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 06:31:36 am    Post subject:

There is a story now! It's been on my blog for a while, and i'm posting it here because no one visits my blog anyway.

In the year 2115 A.D, an ancient demon covers the earth in ice and snow, starting an ice age. Most of the humans die in this ice age, because they don't know how to survive in this icy-cold world. The remaining humans have to spend all their time on hunting, no time remains for art or technology. 10.000 years later most of the 22nd century technology is forgotten. It is in this time, that a young hero travels to the top of the biggest glacier, banishing the ice demon. The ice age ends, but unfortunately, the young hero dies too. The people of his tribe then bury him in a tomb, which shall be known as the Destiny Realm.
The people of earth live prosperous for almost 4000 years, but at the dawn of the 17th millenium, it looks like the ice demon is returning. Winters are longer and colder, and ice monsters and lesser demons attack towns close to the North Pole.
In a small village, a young man wakes up after having a bad dream...

Link:
http://leofox.unitedti.org/2005/05/destiny...ory-teaser.html
Madskillz

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 09:55:21 am    Post subject:

ha...very nice leo! I like it alot. the ending reminds somewhat of Zelda.

Quote:
The remaining humans have to spend all their time on hunting, no time remains for art or technology.

-I think on should be removed, and then maybe the rest like this..."all their time hunting, time for art or technology had been lost."

Just my thoughts take them or leave them. Very Happy
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jul 2005 10:41:50 am    Post subject:

Yes, it's possible that there are grammar mistakes or sentences that sound weird in my story. Please point them out of you see them.

Quote:
ha...very nice leo! I like it alot. the ending reminds somewhat of Zelda.
Yes, the story is inspired by RPG's like Final Fantasy and Morrowind, and Zelda too (though that's not an RPG, but we already know that Smile ). There can also be unintentional Matrix elements in it, i wrote this right after watching the Matrix for the 5th time.
aforsy
the leaping penguin

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 01:47:42 pm    Post subject:

i'm good at grammar (my mom's a poet and used to be an English teacher), so when you complete the story, just send it to me and i can edit it for you if you want. (btw, you need to watch out for comma splices)
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 03:01:33 pm    Post subject:

heeeheee Im good at grammar/spelling too. My dad's an author/programmer. Anyway, you should do some concept art or something to give people an more of an idea of what the game will be about.....
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2005 03:31:35 pm    Post subject:

hehe, i have a ton of concept art sitting in my 'my pictures' folder. And i have a concept of the map too, that i will post soon.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement