This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Dec 2004 06:22:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I had mentioned this earlier in another thread, that most likely, you would get the most downloads and recognition if it was released like a week before the beginning of school...But as you know that has come and gone!  Thus, a more closer date, and your next best bet, would be maybe a day before/the start of winter break. Kids will be coming back home, having school off for a while, they are going to want games for their calc. when they go back to school. Plus perhaps new kids will be getting calcs. due to the holidays. Plus if you get a feature, which I am sure you will, that will also increase the # of downloads Contra gets! What is the first thing people see when they go to Ticalc.org? If you said the features, you would be right my friend!  That would be my choice Bryan, and it makes since too! 

Hmmmm thats an interesting Idea. If I tried to release it near christmas or around winter break like you said that would probably increase downloads and all that good stuff. It also would allow me to maybe complete a level editor for it. Interesting...I will throw around that idea.

I have actually talked to Morgan from TiCalc and he agrees it should be in TiCalc news and Featured Very Happy YEEYEYEYEYEYEYE!!!!

I just need to talk to a few other archivers and make sure they know when the game is being released. Very Happy

Thanks for the kind words about Contra. Glad it turned out good for you Very Happy
axcho

Posted: 05 Dec 2004 02:36:08 am    Post subject:

It looks like Contra is missing the POTY voting for 2004 on ticalc. The 83/84+ candidate programs are already up for voting. I don't know which to vote for yet. Do you think that Contra will have a chance next year? Who knows what knew programs will come out in 2005. Hopefully some of mine. My basic mario project (luigi) has gone almost untouched since before this summer. If it works it could be a accomplishment to approach Contra. If I start work on it do I get a topic like Contra does? I'd need some level makers I think.

What's the news with ticalc and releasing Contra? Have you sent them the file yet?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Dec 2004 08:07:47 am    Post subject:

Yeah I guess Contra is missing the POTY contest Sad I guess theres always next year :(

I have been a little lazy on getting Contra ready for releasal. I got the actual program all fixed and ready for releasal, however have some other things I would like to finish before I jump on releasal. I want to make sure it is all perfect before I release it.

However once it is ready I will talk to morgan or another TiCalc member of staff, and tell them it is ready. Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement