This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 01:45:49 pm    Post subject:

When I start my computer up I get an enternal error at 0x82600322. How can i get my internet working again. When I start the internet up the page cannot be displayed. I'm using a school computer now so until thats fixed I cant be on here Sad I have DSL using verison and they say everything is fine an its just the enternal error.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Oct 2004 01:51:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 02:16:31 pm    Post subject:

"Input! Input!"

ie. more information please

What have you tried, what haven't you tried, what did you do before the problem occured, what os are you using, what hardware are you using, etc

Last edited by Guest on 11 Oct 2004 02:16:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 05:01:46 pm    Post subject:

By enternal did you mean internal or external?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 08:41:41 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... right when it starts up?
Try going to Start -> Run -> type 'msconfig' -> Startup
and deselect ALL boxes.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 09:46:10 pm    Post subject:

Well, you might not want to disable ones like a firewall or virus scanner, as you could get worse problems......

I tried Googling (yes, it's a verb) whatever number you had and got no results....

Like Arcane so greatly said it with that (oversized!) pic, we need more info!! Nobody can really help you if we don't know the situation.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 10:47:42 pm    Post subject:

Those were good movies... Laughing

Quote:
By enternal did you mean internal or external?

I would say internal. The "en" and the "in" sound similar, so perhaps the person was trying to communicate their meaning as best as possible.

Or maybe they just missed... the key... ...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 03:25:24 am    Post subject:

googling the number gives 1 result, but that in turn gives a page missing page.

The movies where fun.

There are no error messages that say "external" so..
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 08:42:25 am    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
There are no error messages that say "external" so..

I'm sure there's at least one error message that would have the word "external" in it. Though I'm not sure which one.

Speaking of missing Google pages, that reminds of something I needed to look into...

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 01:41:27 pm    Post subject:

When I start my computer up I get the internal error listed above. When I log onto the internet I get a can not display page and the internet will not work. I have DSL using Verison. I've tried a bunch of things like uninstalling and reinstaling the modem but it doesn't work. I also get a can not load some .dll file. I called my internet service provider and they said everything was fine and it was the internal error.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Oct 2004 01:49:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 02:10:11 pm    Post subject:

[EDIT] - Someone move this to the computer tech forum

1) "When I start my computer up I get the internal error listed above"

- At the boot screen, welcome screen, upon login, what.

2) "I've tried a bunch of things like uninstalling and reinstaling the modem "

- How do you reinstall a modem?? Unless you're talking about physically unplugging and plugging it back in.

3) "I also get a can not load some .dll file"

- ... how the hell is that supposed to help.

Imp

Last edited by Guest on 12 Oct 2004 02:10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 03:24:46 pm    Post subject:

there is very little that can be done. i just dropped verizon cause i was having a similar problem. well that and our phoneline was physically cut and it took them a week to fix it. i would suggest that you reinstall your network card as that can cause problems.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 06:46:16 pm    Post subject:

JoeImp wrote:

Actually, I think that may be important. Can you tell us what .dll file is missing? Replacing it could be the answer if it got deleted, as .dlls are extensions or something required for some programs to work.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Oct 2004 08:25:05 pm    Post subject:

Of course Googling is a verb
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 08:59:40 am    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
JoeImp wrote:

Actually, I think that may be important. Can you tell us what .dll file is missing? Replacing it could be the answer if it got deleted, as .dlls are extensions or something required for some programs to work.

DLL stands for Direct Link Library, it contains all sorts of functions and routines and stuff that is used by the program that needs it, saves having to put all the functions in each binary. /IIRC

Last edited by Guest on 13 Oct 2004 09:00:30 am; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 01:22:46 pm    Post subject:

lol, thats a good one brazucs.

So, that would mean that missing a .dll would mean the program couldn't run (it's missing some of it's code!), correct Arcane Wizard?
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 03:21:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

As in, how is it supposed to help without a name of the dll or anything.

It's like going to a car forum and saying "My car won't start, but it says something wierd on the dash"

.... What does it say?

Imp
(Btw is this forum going extremely slow for anyone else? Gonna reboot again)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 04:16:13 pm    Post subject:

alexrudd wrote:
lol, thats a good one brazucs.

So, that would mean that missing a .dll would mean the program couldn't run (it's missing some of it's code!), correct Arcane Wizard?

No, it´s still possible to run it, if it´s coded to check if the required dll exists and use some default/alternative code if it doesn´t. This is used for drivers for example, if it can´t find the graphics card´s driver it´ll use some default software code so you still get an image on the screen.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Oct 2004 01:42:02 pm    Post subject:

I can't remember what the .dll file is because I'm doing this from a school computer. I've made these post very plain and uninformative because I'm afraid I'll get in trouble for being on this site. Also what I did to kind of reinstall it is delete it where the modems are listed restart the computer and let it detect it and "reinstall it" I'm sorry for the a plain post. Maybe I'll go to my aunts house and use her laptop to fully explain all this crap. If I dont post this weekend don't be suprised. Talk to you guys later. Although I might be getting a new computer. Although I want to solve this problem.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Nov 2004 01:50:45 am    Post subject:

It is simple try these steps:

Device manager: Check on NIC. Big Yellow ! or Red X means you have a problem. Yellow ! means software and red X means hardware usually.

2. Check protocols under network places or control pannel network adapters. You should have at least TCP/IP for the Internet.

3. Ping google.com or unitedti.org do you get a reply.

If no, TCP/IP may be corrupt.

ipconfig /flush

try XP Repair

Add/Remove programs
Remove stuff you don't use.
e.g. not more than one firewall please or antivirus prog please.

Still no luck, try a winsock fix utility to rebuild your windows layerd socket-TCP/IP stack at all layers. Also rename your computer to prevent NetBios/DNS conflict

Username should != ComputerName

By now, if you are having a problem try adaware, spybot search and destroy, maybe pest patrol to search and remove adware.

DO NOT ENABLE ANY AD BLOCKING FEATURES AT THIS TIME.

Run CWshreader

Run HiJackThis to cleanup browser helper objects, fix dlls, ... you need to look up each item.

Reboot many times.

If this doesn't work, but you can ping other sites, consider getting Mozilla.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement