This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Sep 2004 03:02:30 pm    Post subject:

After months of revisions, the first Robot War Demo was completed this past weekend. To recap, it's about a kid named Edgar who can control battle bots through a type of artificial telepathy. Edgar must work with his mentor to stop a powermad scientist (Edmund) and his deadly weather control system (the Darkstar project). [animated screenshot]

The demo features the first playable level (a tropical zone). The save files will be forward-compatible with all the future editions, so that might make things interesting when the full versions are released. The save files can also be swapped and traded between calculators with a link cable. Unfortuantly, I could not find a working link routine, so 2 player mode will only support basic link tests and not live battles.

Eventually, I want to port the 3 versions to TI-83+SE, TI-86 and maybe even the 68k models, so I'm going around to different programming groups to try and solve the link problem.

Until then, the demo works on TI-82s (ROM v19.0 with CrASH shell), and I'm going to ask Patrick Davidson (the guy who made Phoenix) about how to port it to the newer v19.006 ROM (with ACE shell). Here's a breakdown on the other editions...

Stuff that's finished:
Titlescreen
Save File System
Help and Info
Compression System
Battle Engine
Sprites and Scenery
Tile Mapping
Stuff to go:
Object Placement 90%
Robot Builder 50%
Dialogs 45%
Linking System 10%

Last edited by Guest on 27 Sep 2004 09:37:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Nov 2004 12:31:18 am    Post subject:

I just released the latest Demo revision (v2.0) here. The latest fix corrects several major bugs including the one that made saved games "un-tradeable," and it's actually 400 bytes smaller than before. I'll monitor the current revision and if things look good, I'll do one last patch before releasing it to ticalc (with source).

[edit] I just double-checked my site and it turns out version 1.0 was still in the downloads folder (even though it said v2.0). If anyone downloaded it within the past 24 hours you may still have the old version. Just re-visit the site for the new version.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Nov 2004 02:24:59 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 07:54:05 pm    Post subject:

Okay, the enhanced Robot War Demo was finally published today. Unlike the original and the two patches, this one has full 2-Player linking capabilities and better error containment. It's also smaller and more stable than the other releases. If you don't have a TI-82, there's a Player's guide text that explains some the rules and basically how the game overall works. It'll be available here at United TI and at Ti Calc as soon as it is screened.

The full versions (standard, linked, and lite editions) are within about 6 weeks of completion.

Full version info:
* Story
* Screenshots
* Weapons, Armor, Attacks
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 05:37:11 am    Post subject:

This is available in the download section now.

--AlienCC
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement