This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
james

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 09:53:03 pm    Post subject:

I need help answering this question that someone sent to me...any ideas....

Hello, my name's Alex, and I was wondering, i've looked all over the web with google, and turn up NO decent results for TI-83+ SE or even TI-83 C compilers, I know the calculator world is in ASM now, but i'm just starting in C++, and reeeally don't want to learn ASM just yet. Though I have examined source code, I just don't think I should pick it up till i'm comfortable with C/++, but is there any "cross-compilers" for TI-83+ SE C++ to ASM?

P.S. How hard is ASM for Z80's compared to 68x ASM, and if I decide to take up Z80 ASM do you know how hard it will be to learn Win32 68x ASM?

Sorry to ask you all these questions, but google ain't doin' to much for me Smile, but thanks for your time, I REALLY appriciate your time,

--Alex

thx james Very Happy
b__

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 09:55:31 pm    Post subject:

does he already know ti-basic?
yugniht

Posted: 03 Jul 2003 10:02:21 pm    Post subject:

if it helps any, I saw a link on one of ticalc.org's news item message boards. It was a link to a guy who had made one or is improving it or something. It's a cross compiler for the C and the 83+, I think.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Jul 2003 08:53:57 am    Post subject:

I didn't think there were cross compilers for ASM and C. Also, I think that Z80 is easier then 68x . I've started learning 83+ Z80 and I've looked at some 69x tutorials and source code before,and I think z80's easier.
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 05 Jul 2003 10:58:00 am    Post subject:

if you search google, don't use TI83+SE because those things will just be under TI83+, since they are compatible.
KrYpT

Posted: 05 Jul 2003 11:12:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure that there is a C to Z80 compiler on ticalc.org, but a quick check and I couldn't find it. Maybe it's there, maybe not.

Try this site too, there's one here
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement