This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 01:58:41 pm    Post subject:

I got my college books now, including a really good book on Java that came with a CD-ROM with a compiler and whatnot, and I was thinking of some interesting practise projects since anybody who has programmed at least once in his life (QBasic, TIBasic, anything) already knows more than 94,12% of my class and the first year will basically be an introduction to programming (OH NOES WAT IS ARARY!?) so that won't be much of a challenge.

The idea of an online Java Ti83(+) emulator soon came to mind, and I thought it would be an AW3S0ME(tm) thing to put on the UTI website once it's done.

Yay or nay possible?
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 02:42:06 pm    Post subject:

I have seen such an emu before, so i guess it is possible Smile.

Here - http://www.df.lth.se/~lft/entertainment/stranded/

Last edited by Guest on 26 Aug 2004 03:03:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 03:26:07 pm    Post subject:

Looks to me like he just rewrote his game in Java. Confused
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 03:55:14 pm    Post subject:

Yeah probably, but its still a good game Smile.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Aug 2004 03:55:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeePee

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 04:00:06 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a yay!

I'd like to help a hand, but I don't know any java Sad
But it still is a good project for UTI! If you java-coders here could coƶperate for one time in this project, it could become something "working" Razz
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 04:02:36 pm    Post subject:

It does open up a very interesting game environment though, speed of Java and modern PCs with the graphics of a calc game, a Java based TIBasic interpreter would be quite interesting if an emulator wouldn't be an option.

Surprised This would make TIBasic actually worth programming in. :o

I'm a bit worried about legal stuff though, an emulator woul require a rom file and having every single user upload that every single time (s)he wants to use the emulator would be a pain on the server, a TIBasic interpreter might not be allowed if TIBasic is copyrighted or something???

If there's no such legal mumbo jumbo standing in the way I'll probably start with a simple TIBasic interpreter and may - I kind of like the interpreter idea more - work my way up to an emulator from that, or just make a seperate emulator later.

EDIT: wtf? I'm not in America, why on earth should I care about this cheese little company and their corporate impressionist act? I can do whatever I want, haha, try and stop me you commercialized kapitalist bastards!!11!

Last edited by Guest on 26 Aug 2004 04:15:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Aug 2004 07:22:22 pm    Post subject:

I know some java... any questions on anything just PM me.
mmartin

Posted: 29 Aug 2004 10:21:41 am    Post subject:

I would be really interested in using this emulator. I am currently making an eclipse plugin in java and it would of course be great to include an emulator with it. But at the moment I don't have that much time and I still need to complete the assembler (add things like macro's and better error messages) Thus I can't help you with the project.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement