This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Aug 2004 08:36:01 pm    Post subject:

Guys,

As you should know, Contra is only about 2 weeks away from its big releasal. And I am trying desperately to get everything perfect before, I release it. The final boss still isnt done. Nor is it optimized. And the level editor is in bad shape. I am not backing off my release date, because I do not want to dissapoint you guys.

But If worse comes to worse and I think that Contra is not ready to be released to the world please understand. But I dont think it will happen. So do not fear. Im just saying this to prepare you for the worse.

I will do everything in my power to get this game released on time but I may need more support from you guys...Since it seems like nobody cares about contra anymore Sad
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 06:31:18 am    Post subject:

Only 2 weeks? Happy happy, joy joy!

I'm glad you've decided to release it when it's done instead of sticking to the release date and possibly releasing an unfinished game.
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 02:40:53 pm    Post subject:

Seems like you have suceeded in meeting your goal for September 6, 2004 by 10:00 pm.

Quote:
releasal
I better not say anything or else it'll become another "plural of freshman" thing.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 02:43:33 pm    Post subject:

Probably meant "releasable". I hope.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 02:44:27 pm    Post subject:

Don't release the game if the ending boss isn't finished or optimized
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 08:32:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
..Since it seems like nobody cares about contra anymore

Don't say that!! It's just that contra is going so well and everyone here is more used to criticizing so...
Bluefire

Posted: 21 Aug 2004 12:14:55 pm    Post subject:

i doubt no one cares about contra when arcane is quoting ren and stimpy, that just shows how much we can't wait

Last edited by Guest on 21 Aug 2004 12:15:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Aug 2004 03:03:52 pm    Post subject:

lol Thanks guys. Its really conforting that if for some reason I miss my deadline, that you all will not flip out on me.

Quote:
i doubt no one cares about contra when arcane is quoting ren and stimpy, that just shows how much we can't wait

LOL! Very Happy

Thanks guys, I guess I said that because in the beginning this forum was booming, and then towards the end everyone stop postiing and It made me feel like yall just ddint care after you got the demo lol. But I guess it was because of summertime and because the fact that everyone knew the project was going well and that there was no real need to post.

lol I felt all alone. Sad

But its reasuring that you guys are still excited about the game.

Quote:
Probably meant "releasable". I hope.

As you can see when i type fast i dont care bout spelling Very Happy

I just finished a sweet intro to the final boss where you talk to your alien brother. then he trys to shott you and you dodge it Very Happy
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Aug 2004 03:30:38 pm    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
I just finished a sweet intro to the final boss where you talk to your alien brother. then he trys to shott you and you dodge it  Very Happy

spoiler. : (
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 02:59:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I just finished a sweet intro to the final boss where you talk to your alien brother. then he trys to shott you and you dodge it 

AWESOME!!!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 12:19:24 pm    Post subject:

hey guys,

lol sorry for kinda spoiling that video. You will still like it when you see it I hope. My bad :)

I just cant figure out what I want the final boss to do. I dont wanna make it that similar to fighting the other bosses, but If I do anything to elaborate the boss frame will run to slow. Im thinking about making him shoot lasers out or something andf then the platforms randomly disapear so it makes it hard to shoot him. I also got some cool ideas for his life but I just cant finalize the idea in my head. Which is why everything is going so slow. Sad

But I will figure it out I guess...Any suggestions?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 12:47:05 pm    Post subject:

Make him go invisible every x seconds for y seconds, and regenerate his life a bit while he's invisible.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 01:17:13 pm    Post subject:

I think the y should be less than 1/2 there. And could you still shoot at him when he's invisible?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 01:24:31 pm    Post subject:

Yes, that should still be possible, unless he takes up like the entire screen, then he should be invulnerable while invisible.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 01:28:47 pm    Post subject:

Maybe make him spawn lesser monsters or does he already do that?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 01:33:21 pm    Post subject:

I don't like monster spawning bosses, the monsters they shoot are less good than the main boss so they'll be easy to get rid off and since his main power will be spawning enemies he'll be rather weak too. Basically, they're easyer but take longer to beat.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 01:40:48 pm    Post subject:

Those are actually pretty awesome ideas. Im not sure how I would spawn enemies but I could easily do that I think, however Im not sure if I want to.

I like the invisible idea. However what did you mean by this sir robin?
Quote:
I think the y should be less than 1/2 there. And could you still shoot at him when he's invisible?

I was also thinking about making the platforms disapear in a random pattern. That way once you learn the pattern you can strategize where to jump at to shoot him.

and im thinking about adding more mines. So if you fall off the platforms your more penalized.

lol got anymore? those things were hot. I love you? Surprised Very Happy Neutral
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 01:58:12 pm    Post subject:

by the y comment I meant that the boss should disappear for less than half a second.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 02:31:39 pm    Post subject:

I think half a second is practically useless, 3 or 4 seconds would be better.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2004 02:41:34 pm    Post subject:

Maybe. I'm having problems imagining how all of this would look in an actual game.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement