This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 08:50:30 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
I think logic gates in Dutch is Digitale logica, but that's just babel fish.

It's called a "logische poort" which is as literally translated as possible as well so I don't know why babelfish came with that nonsense.

Quote:
All Dutch providers are like that, Planet is even one of the more stable ones.
You obviously don't even know what you're talking about, Planet is one of the worst ISPs on the planet, and definately no other Dutch ISP is even remotely like them. Chello for teh win BTW, but if you want to be cheap get Tiscali ADSL even though it sucks compared to regular cable (Chello!). If you want bandwith, get Demon.

Quote:
where can i buy those RGB LED's?
They have pretty much anything at Televersum, try there.
X1011

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 11:53:51 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
Who's 'he'?  Because I know, but I know that Kerm'll be reading this and I don't want him to find out where to buy them.  If you really want to know PM me and I'll reply back to you with information on where to get them, as long as you don't tell Kerm!  At least not yet anyways...

http://www.theledlight.com/led-specs.html#Full_Spectrum_LEDs

OMG!!!!!!!!! Surprised Evil or Very Mad Neutral Wacko

Quote:

That's kind of a dutch (or whatever) store, I doubt he lives in your country.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 01:57:18 am    Post subject:

That "8.00 ea" in the price listing doesn't mean eight dollars does it? Because alot of other vendor have a surface-mount versions around $1.00--that's before the price break. At any rate, I like the idea of atmospheric lighting for games; although calling it a "RGB screen" is still a bit misleading. You might try marketing it as a "RGB backlight" or something like that.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 04:14:39 am    Post subject:

X1011 wrote:
Quote:

That's kind of a dutch (or whatever) store, I doubt he lives in your country.

Leofox is Dutch.

You should've noticed that since he was talking about having a Dutch provider 4 posts above this quoted post of mine. Laughing
wrigley

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 04:52:31 am    Post subject:

Agility, why bother trying to keep it a secret where to get RGB LEDs, when a simple google search on RGB LED will get you at least 50 stores where they are available?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 09:52:35 am    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
agility wrote:
I think logic gates in Dutch is Digitale logica, but that's just babel fish.

It's called a "logische poort" which is as literally translated as possible as well so I don't know why babelfish came with that nonsense.

Quote:
All Dutch providers are like that, Planet is even one of the more stable ones.
You obviously don't even know what you're talking about, Planet is one of the worst ISPs on the planet, and definately no other Dutch ISP is even remotely like them. Chello for teh win BTW, but if you want to be cheap get Tiscali ADSL even though it sucks compared to regular cable (Chello!). If you want bandwith, get Demon.

Quote:
where can i buy those RGB LED's?

Arcane Wizard:
actually, tiscali is the worst. They first give you a modem that doesn't work, then let you pay to buy a good modem and then slow down the internet to 2kbs instead of 1024 kbs every month.

I'm not saying planet is the best, i'm saying it's quite stable. All DSL ISP's over here use the same network (except Tiscali) so there is not a big difference.

I never heard of a "logische poort", so i don't know what a logic gate is.

agility:
why are you not telling me where to find the LED's? How do you want people to built your screen if your not telling where to find the parts :S

I don't see much of a problem if Kerm copies your screen. Last time i checked YOU copied his TICI hub.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 09:59:32 am    Post subject:

http://www.televersum.nl/

international:
http://www.google.com
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 09:59:54 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Agility, why bother trying to keep it a secret where to get RGB LEDs, when a simple google search on RGB LED will get you at least 50 stores where they are available?

Because I know where to get them for under $2!

Quote:
agility:
why are you not telling me where to find the LED's? How do you want people to built your screen if your not telling where to find the parts :S

The RGB LED's aren't part of the current RGB Screen, that's why I havn't told anyone where to get them :S. Have you read my site yet? That will answer a lot of questions.
Also, in the zip file I listed the Mouser part numbers on the parts needed to build The RGB Screen.
Quote:
Last time i checked YOU copied his TICI hub.

:? No, I just tested his PS/2 drivers for the calc, and I needed to make an adapter cable to see if it would work. I never tried to pass it off as a KyleCorp. product.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Aug 2004 10:01:07 am; edited 1 time in total
X1011

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 12:19:17 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
Quote:

Because I know where to get them for under $2!

http://superbrightleds.com/led_prcs.htm

OMG!!OMG!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Surprised Surprised
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 12:39:13 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but are they 3mm?
X1011

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 03:08:43 pm    Post subject:

No, but what does it matter? nobody mentioned what size they need to be...
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 03:12:43 pm    Post subject:

Well, let's just say 5mm LED's aren't going to fit into the calc without a fight.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 03:14:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The RGB LED's aren't part of the current RGB Screen, that's why I havn't told anyone where to get them :S. Have you read my site yet? That will answer a lot of questions.

then why is it called RGB screen?
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 03:18:51 pm    Post subject:

Because the LED's combined with the regular TI LCD Screen gets you The RGB Screen.
X1011

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 04:41:26 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
Well, let's just say 5mm LED's aren't going to fit into the calc without a fight.

What do you need them to fit in the calc for? The only reason we are talking about RGB LEDs is because you were talking about making a whole screen out of them, not using them in your little project.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 05:06:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
is because you were talking about making a whole screen out of them, not using them in your little project.

I never said I was making a whole screen out of them.

This is what it is:

The regular screen is still attached and the Red, Blue, and Green LED's are used to backlight it from either outside or inside the calc as a backlight, and you can use it to light up the screen in many different colors.

Have you downloaded the zip file from my site? Because I know a lot of you didn't.
X1011

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 05:16:23 pm    Post subject:

agility wrote:
I never said I was making a whole screen out of them.

I didn't say you were making one, i said you were talking about it.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 05:46:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but still, with those RGB LED's I could add more functionality and make The RGB Screen much more powerful.
X1011

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 07:30:24 pm    Post subject:

But you said you weren't using them for your screen.
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Aug 2004 07:32:00 pm    Post subject:

Yet.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement