This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
b__

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 12:08:51 pm    Post subject:

When i put the ti-graph link cd in, it says "Requires 3 mb of virtual memory".
Well i looked, and im not sure but i think i have over 1000 mb. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 12:30:58 pm    Post subject:

what version of windows do you use?

try to reboot
b__

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 12:46:25 pm    Post subject:

Ok i have

Windows XP
2.6 GHz Pentium 4
1 gb ram
120 gb hardrive
GeForce 4 Ti 4800 Se video card

I tried this many times. Rebooting does not help.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 12:51:29 pm    Post subject:

it may be a virtual memory problem, my moms computer had that too, really annoying. It can have lots of RAM, the OS still thinks it has very little virtual memory....
b__

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 12:52:58 pm    Post subject:

So what should i do?
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 12:57:38 pm    Post subject:

i don't know Neutral

maybe get another CD, or download graphlink from the TI site.

about the virtual memory problem: does Windows often say "warning virtual memory too low"?

If it doesn't, then there's no problem in your virtual memory
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 01:08:26 pm    Post subject:

leofox wrote:
it may be a virtual memory problem, my moms computer had that too, really annoying. It can have lots of RAM, the OS still thinks it has very little virtual memory....

That's because it might just be right, you can have lots of RAM (physical memory) but have very little or even no virtual memory.

Right click on "my computer", click on advanced, performance, advanced, and then change the amount of virtual memory.

I usually set the minimum at the same amount as my physical memory, and set the max about 3 or 4 times as high. If I'm going to play games on the system I set it to somewhere around 4Gb because I don't have a lot of RAM and WindowsXP takes a lot of it so there's very little left for games to load textures and maps in. It's good to set it to a fixed size because it'll save your system from adjusting the size, which decreases performance a bit, a lot if you have a slow and fragmented harddrive.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Jul 2004 01:09:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
b__

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 02:41:00 pm    Post subject:

It says

Total Paging File Size for all drives: 1536

Im not sure if that is the amount of virtual memory or what.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 05:33:30 pm    Post subject:

That's probably it, can you find somewhere where it says what the current size of the swap file (paging file???) is?
Ray Kremer

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 12:48:14 am    Post subject:

Hold shift down when you put the TI Resource CD in so that it doesn't autorun that Flash crap or whatever the hell it is, then use File Explorer to browse the disc and get what you need.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement