This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jul 2004 12:12:34 am    Post subject:

Well guys,

Andrew has always been a help to me when it comes to graphics. I always ask him if something looks right or if it fits into a game. While mainly they are my design, andrew is the one that perfects it, and makes it worthy Very Happy

Well he has topped himself this time, he has made a brand new OLSoft banner. And has made contra the center of attention. Check this work of art out at our website.

Outer Limit Software

It is monstrous, and I thank Andrew for that awesome CONTRA-bution

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (ok im done) Sad

What you guys think about it?

(also, drubu is working on another banner for the UTI Hompage since he won, it also features contra as its main backround AYAYAYYYA!!!)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 11 Jul 2004 04:14:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure it was a lot of work to put other people's images in partially transparent layers.

That doens't take away that it looks cool of course, but I prefer people who don't need photoshop or other people to make something look cool.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jul 2004 07:08:30 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
I'm sure it was a lot of work to put other people's images in partially transparent layers.

That doens't take away that it looks cool of course, but I prefer people who don't need photoshop or other people to make something look cool.

Umm Arcane what exactly did you mean by that? You act like it isnt hard to make a banner using faded images and layers. HAHA

1. Those pictures are from Contrs NES, which is what Contra is supposed to resemble, so I see nothing wrong with using images from the original game, mixed with images of mine. So he is supposed to draw the contra dudes himself ahahahaha

2. All calc banners are done using adobe photoshop or other advanced paint programs. That is why they look so good. If we drew the banner by hand ahhhahaha it would look like crap. So we should do it in paint hahahaha. Trust me arcane you have no idea what you are talking about.

3. Please stop acting like your better then everyone, like you look down upon us because we can express ourselves. Im in no way trying to start anything, but what was the purpose of that post? other then to make andrew feel bad. To try and make yourself feel better?

Sorry If Im acting outta line. Maybe we mis interpreted the post or we read it wrong.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 03:58:07 am    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
Umm Arcane what exactly did you mean by that? You act like it isnt hard to make a banner using faded images and layers. HAHA

I'm just saying that it looks cool and all, but I'm personally not that impressed, that's all.

Quote:
1. Those pictures are from Contrs NES, which is what Contra is supposed to resemble, so I see nothing wrong with using images from the original game, mixed with images of mine. So he is supposed to draw the contra dudes himself ahahahaha
Of course not, he could've though, and if he had and it still looked cool I would've been more impressed by it skillwise. I mean it's not like the internet doesn't have enough "graphics artists" who just happen to know how to use a handfull of PSP features and can't stop making wallpapers and signatures. Had he hand drawn it, inked it, and coloured it, then it would've shown more skill, and he would've been able to put his own style into it. Emphasis on "more" as it's relative and I'm not saying this is shit, just saying how I personally feel it could've been better.

Quote:
2. All calc banners are done using adobe photoshop or other advanced paint programs. That is why they look so good. If we drew the banner by hand ahhhahaha it would look like crap.
Well, that's what you get if you don't have any drawing skills.

It's great that you can use PSP instead and get a cool image, just don't expect people to be impressed by "bunch of layered transparant images #17473". Especially not if it could've looked better with just using PSP.

Quote:
So we should do it in paint hahahaha.
Who said that? If you got something to look as cool as that banner using only MS Paint I would've been mighty impressed. : )

Quote:
Trust me arcane you have no idea what you are talking about.
I think you don't know what you're talking about, giving a grand total of 0 supportive arguments for this statement. Not to mention you can't recognize it when somebody just gives their opinion in the form of well ment constructive critisism, if you can't take that then you haven't the slightest clue what graphics design is all about.

I mean, you ask for people's thoughts on it, but woe if anybody gives his opinion on what would've made it better. Sadly, usually the less skilled people react this way, those who are skilled or at least dedicated to what they're doing take the advice in consideration and try to improve, those who don't just flame and whine about not getting the "OMG COOLZZ" comments they expected. I'm not saying you're like that, but you sure are acting like that.

Quote:
3. Please stop acting like your better then everyone, like you look down upon us because we can express ourselves. Im in no way trying to start anything, but what was the purpose of that post? other then to make andrew feel bad. To try and make yourself feel better?
I'm not acting like I'm better than everyone, if I was I would've said things like "I would've done better" or "This is crap". I've never even really used PSP (but I know enough about it to recognize when PSP art took a lot of skill or work and when it didn't) so I probably couldn't have made something like this. Though I know there's plenty of PSP tutorials around that could get me up to par in an hour.

Quote:
Maybe we mis interpreted the post or we read it wrong.
we?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 10:17:46 am    Post subject:

Dude, your avatar is seriously freaking me out - is that really necessary?
-----------
Nice gfx, but I agree with Arcane.
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 03:11:19 pm    Post subject:

Maybe my comp is just running slow right now, but I could read all the replys here, then log in to post this, before your site would load. Every other site seems to work fine for me, I dunno. Just seems extreeeeemely slow.

Imp
Madskillz

Posted: 12 Jul 2004 06:32:43 pm    Post subject:

Hey I like...great work Andrew! Very Happy
And screw anyone else that says different!
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 05:15:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I'm just saying that it looks cool and all, but I'm personally not that impressed, that's all.

Of course not, he could've though, and if he had and it still looked cool I would've been more impressed by it skillwise. I mean it's not like the internet doesn't have enough "graphics artists" who just happen to know how to use a handfull of PSP features and can't stop making wallpapers and signatures. Had he hand drawn it, inked it, and coloured it, then it would've shown more skill, and he would've been able to put his own style into it. Emphasis on "more" as it's relative and I'm not saying this is shit, just saying how I personally feel it could've been better.

2. All calc banners are done using adobe photoshop or other advanced paint programs. That is why they look so good. If we drew the banner by hand ahhhahaha it would look like crap.

Well, that's what you get if you don't have any drawing skills.

It's great that you can use PSP instead and get a cool image, just don't expect people to be impressed by "bunch of layered transparant images #17473". Especially not if it could've looked better with just using PSP.

So we should do it in paint hahahaha.

Who said that? If you got something to look as cool as that banner using only MS Paint I would've been mighty impressed. : )

Trust me arcane you have no idea what you are talking about.

I think you don't know what you're talking about, giving a grand total of 0 supportive arguments for this statement. Not to mention you can't recognize it when somebody just gives their opinion in the form of well ment constructive critisism, if you can't take that then you haven't the slightest clue what graphics design is all about.

I mean, you ask for people's thoughts on it, but woe if anybody gives his opinion on what would've made it better. Sadly, usually the less skilled people react this way, those who are skilled or at least dedicated to what they're doing take the advice in consideration and try to improve, those who don't just flame and whine about not getting the "OMG COOLZZ" comments they expected. I'm not saying you're like that, but you sure are acting like that.

I'm not acting like I'm better than everyone, if I was I would've said things like "I would've done better" or "This is crap". I've never even really used PSP (but I know enough about it to recognize when PSP art took a lot of skill or work and when it didn't) so I probably couldn't have made something like this. Though I know there's plenty of PSP tutorials around that could get me up to par in an hour.

Maybe we mis interpreted the post or we read it wrong.

we?

Yeah Arcane, I guess we just clash when it comes to that subject. But you are right about me not being able to handle negative feedback. I just do not like it when somebody insults what I am so motivated towards. Especially when we were awaiting some positive feedback, and we see the opposite. I still do not see your logic behind what you said but we need to agree to disagree and put this behind us, we cool Arcane? Very Happy

Quote:
Dude, your avatar is seriously freaking me out - is that really necessary?
-----------
Nice gfx, but I agree with Arcane.

If you dont like...dont look at or use this forum ty come again...

Quote:
Maybe my comp is just running slow right now, but I could read all the replys here, then log in to post this, before your site would load. Every other site seems to work fine for me, I dunno. Just seems extreeeeemely slow.

Imp

Sorry, sometimes DotTK's take a while to redirect, especially lately Sad

Quote:
Hey I like...great work Andrew! 
And screw anyone else that says different!

This guy knows what hes talking about. This guys a monster !!
Madskillz

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 10:06:35 pm    Post subject:

Lol...that guy was Madskillz! Smile Man I gotta get my sn changed! Anybody!? Jbirk?

Last edited by Guest on 13 Jul 2004 10:08:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 12:08:11 am    Post subject:

MadSkills you my bro man lol

Also I have the power to change your name. And just ask and ill change it for ya.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 02:50:12 am    Post subject:

Bryan Thomas wrote:
we cool Arcane?  Very Happy

I've been cool about it all along.

Quote:
This guy knows what hes talking about. This guys a monster !!
: D
Madskillz

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 10:40:59 am    Post subject:

You wanna change it to Madskillz Bryan...Thanks alot bro! Wink
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 01:08:32 pm    Post subject:

Ok Mad, I change it for you as you can see. Make sure you always login as that name now. Very Happy
Madskillz

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 01:17:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Bryan...I tryed to log in as Cobra...that didn't work, so I knew you had changed it then! Thanks again! Laughing
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Jul 2004 07:20:29 pm    Post subject:

No Problem Mad Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement