This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jun 2004 05:52:19 pm    Post subject:

*Regarding my own forum, not this one, don't worry : )*

I've changed the code of the "My Assistant" to have an additional link to "RPGCharEdit.php" where I want it to display (and ultimately be able to modify) some of the custom profile fields.

Now, I know that in the 'Topic View' part of the forum the variable to acces these additional fields is $author[field_1]. So where I to display the 6th custom profile field I would simply add $author[field_6] to that part of the furom code.

However, I can't figure out how to acces this variable from other files, RPGCharEdit.php in this case, can anybody help?

I figured I need something like $member = new member_id_acces_thingy_also_used_by_$author but I don't know what specifically.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Jun 2004 06:08:50 pm    Post subject:

well, don't forget to define $author and $ibforums as global:

Code:
global $ibforums, $author

to get the member id, $ibforums->member['id'] will return that. member name is, surprisingly, $ibforums->member['name']
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jun 2004 07:46:07 pm    Post subject:

I could do that, but the problem lies in that I can't just include the file.

I need it to load a new page and have all the settings there, instead of having all the settings in My Assistant which is what including would do.

Maybe I need something that forces the board to load (like the javascript function redirect_to() in skin_buddy.php) my new page like it loads it's own pages instead of the browser loading it like an ordinary http link.

Last edited by Guest on 14 Jun 2004 07:49:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 Jun 2004 09:37:21 am    Post subject:

will the new page be in ipb (like my irc mod) or outside, just needing access to the vars?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2004 10:07:53 am    Post subject:

Whatever actually works.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Jul 2004 09:08:12 am    Post subject:

you are missing my point. how will the page be accessed? do you want to access it with <boardurl>?act=<pagename> or a url outside of the board? if you use that act= method, then that is not much of a problem. if you store the info in the correct db, you can access it simply via $ibfourms->vars['myvar'] and then display it. I can show you how to make act= pages if you use 2.0
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Jul 2004 11:49:15 am    Post subject:

Like I said, whatever actually works. And I don't use 2.0
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement