This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jun 2004 12:58:47 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys,

Contra is going well I got another level done, and fixed a few things and I think I will definetely be able to get done mid summer, however I think that if I hold the release until september I will get more downloads and notice then I would If I released it in the summer.

We all know that in the summer, people dont download as many games/programs because they dont need to, because they have no school. So I feel that its best to hold the release till september.

But ok guys this is it the Final release date of Contra I have decided and it will be released on....

September 6, 2004 by 10:00 pm

(im sorry if it is farther away then you expected)
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 10:40:20 am    Post subject:

How much is done total now? Confused
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 10:52:06 am    Post subject:

Engine = 97 % done
Levels = 47 % done
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 01:34:47 pm    Post subject:

Sounds great man! Cant wait! Neutral
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 11:08:17 pm    Post subject:

Trust me I cant wait either,

Everyday this game makes me happier and happier, as I add stuff to it I go passed what I could of ever dreamed. It has turned out better then me and andrew ever thought.

I remember when he spent the night over my house and showed me his idea for making contra. I laughed at him and told him there was no way it could be done in BASIC. But as he told me the rest of his ideas and he went on about everything he wanted in it, ideas began popping in my head about how to get them done. Of course in the beginning it was his project and I only told him if he wanted to hear them.

But the more we talked the more realistic it became. Once we hurdled the mem consumption problems the project actually seemed realistic and I was so jealous of the project Very Happy He eventually became discouraged about it, and handed the project to me during school one day. I was so excited that I started from scratch and alrdy had the running routine by end of school day :)

So basically contra was thought up by Andrew and I one night when we were high on sugar and caffiene haha . Me and him both want to see this project become a success. And I hope it is everything u guys expect it to be.
AndrewT
Outer Limit Software

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 11:36:53 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that all is soo true. I still remember those intensely complex conversations we had on the subject, and I am glad it has come together so nicely. It definitely fits the defintion of taking Basic to its far most limits. Congrats Bryan, and I still can't wait to see the finished product !!! Very Happy
Calvin#1

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 09:37:19 am    Post subject:

September 6? Isn't that a little far off? Confused I mean, you say this game is almost done? Shouldn't it be ready for release sooner than that?
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 11:59:10 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I know that the release date is a little far off then what most of u had hoped for but I guess the main reason I made it so far off is so that I could make sure with any reasonable doubt that it is bugless and perfect. I have been working on this game for about a year. And when I release it I want it to be perfect. I just wanna make sure my hard work pays off. Ya know what I mean?

I just wanna make sure I release the game when everyone is back in the TI-Commune, and when the game is perfect. Very Happy

Im sorry to make u wait so long calcvin, but I wont let u down, contra should be everything u expect Very Happy
Calvin#1

Posted: 09 Jul 2004 04:04:23 pm    Post subject:

Oh well, I guess you are right. Smile Better safe then sorry. Wink Good luck on your game man! I guess I have Contra to look forward to at academy! Very Happy
Ian Z

Posted: 26 Jul 2004 02:44:16 pm    Post subject:

This sound cool, I was thinking about doing something like this, but I'm not to good with graphical animation.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement