This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 24 Jun 2003 09:38:52 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Answer!!!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 06:41:45 am    Post subject:

Pic0,but I only use pics when I'm still programming the game, when it's finished I hardcode the image.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 08:55:08 am    Post subject:

Most people use Pic0. After that, it's Pic1. If you are going to use pictures and don't want to have them over written by most games,use something like Pic8. Also,it's probably easier if you just have your proram make the pics instead of giving a pic w/your program.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 12:33:00 pm    Post subject:

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
i have made a prgm that recreats the pic if you accidently over write it and it will go out with the harvest moon game.

Quote:
Pic0,but I only use pics when I'm still programming the game, when it's finished I hardcode the image.

What is hardcore??
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 12:58:57 pm    Post subject:

Add a section to your program that draws the picture using lines and stuff.

Spyderbyte
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 01:51:55 pm    Post subject:

Yea,it just saves you from having to use a pic. An example of how you would do this is:

Line(0,0,0,5
Line(0,0,5,0
Line(0,5,5,5
Line(5,0,5,5
(code)
End

That would draw a box. That's all you have to do. You need to remember that this is the command you use: Line(X1,Y1,X2,Y2) .

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jun 2003 01:52:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 02:10:14 pm    Post subject:

Or, if you're lazy and have memory to waste, have a loop put all the coordinates of pixels that are on in a list, go to your game and rcl the list, then use a loop to draw pixels at the coordinates stored in the list.

//draw nice picture
For(A,1,95
For(B,1,63
If PxlTest(B,A:Then
X+2->X
A->LSAVE(X
B->LSAVE(X+1
End

in the program:
{1,1,2,5,4,6->L1 //rcl the list in the program and add "->L1"
For(X,1,DIM(L1),2
PxlOn(L1(X+1),L1(X)
End

It's slow but works, I usually use a similar method to store maps and the like in my programs.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 02:52:37 pm    Post subject:

i did the hardcore thing
Quote:
i have made a prgm that recreats the pic if you accidently over write it and it will go out with the harvest moon game.

But it is a seperate prgm that redraws the pic in under 2 seconds, but it is over 1500 and a pic is 750 or so, so it is easier to use the pic.

also what if someone walks over the square
Quote:
Yea,it just saves you from having to use a pic. An example of how you would do this is:

Line(0,0,0,5
Line(0,0,5,0
Line(0,5,5,5
Line(5,0,5,5
(code)
End

That would draw a box. That's all you have to do. You need to remember that this is the command you use: Line(X1,Y1,X2,Y2) .

Do you have to redraw it or what?

Also can you archive a prgm and unarchive a prgm using a prgm ie:

Code
Unarchive prgmAAA
Code
Archive prgmAAA
End
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 03:04:33 pm    Post subject:

You can't unarchive or archive a program strait from a basic program. You'd have to use PTOOLS or something. Also,about the box. You would have to make your program know where the box is drawn,and if your character moves to a point where the box's lines are or beyond them,they die or something.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 03:07:43 pm    Post subject:

that sucks can i run ptools in my prgm to unarchive it with out having to have the user do it manualy???
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 03:12:31 pm    Post subject:

SniperOfTheNight wrote:
You would have to make your program know where the box is drawn,and if your character moves to a point where the box's lines are or beyond them,they die or something.

Or just use pxlTest.

Repeat K=45
getKey->K
pxlOff(B,A
A+(K=24)-(K=26->A
B+(K=34)-(K=25->B
If pxlTest(B,A:45->K
pxlOn(B,A
End
If pxlTest(B,A:goto QG
lbl QG
ClrHome
Disp "GAME OVER"
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 03:24:07 pm    Post subject:

Yes,that works too. For PTOOLS, you are going to have to store the program you want to archive/unarchive to Str0. Then,you run the program,but it has to look like this:

Code:
(code)
"TEST"->Str0  (Test is the name of the program you want to archive)
2:Asm(prgmPTOOLS) (Archives program TEST)
(code)
End

or to unarchive:

Code:
(code)
"Test"->Str0  (Using TEST again)
1:Asm(prgmPTOOLS) (unarchives TEST)
(code)
End
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 04:54:10 pm    Post subject:

or u can make an asm prgm, that u have draw the pic... but thats asm, so nm Wink
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement