This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 25 May 2004 04:06:53 pm    Post subject:

This device that I am making is part of a project series that will allow you to read and write from your Playstation Memory Cards on your computer and your calculator. It will be like an external memory expander for the calculator.
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 25 May 2004 05:37:58 pm    Post subject:

That's awesome. I assume you are going to need to program an Asm utility to connect to the PS memory card? Also, will you be able to manage the memory (delete or edit) from the calc?

-J
NextPerception

Posted: 26 May 2004 10:45:55 am    Post subject:

it was done long ago.
at the time I wanted to modify it so it could use a n64 mem pack.
there where a lot of compatability issues if I remember correctly
I became less intrested in the memory parts of the hardware mods when I got a TI83+silver. it has more memory than I have been able to use
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 May 2004 06:39:32 pm    Post subject:

Of course it was done long ago. That's why the title of this topic is Ice Write, Remember Pixpand?

Anyways I'm not entirely sure either. If I can get my hands on a Playstation 2 Memory Interface Protocol then I might make it PS2 memory card compatible. Very unlikely though.
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 May 2004 07:49:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
If I can get my hands on a Playstation 2 Memory Interface Protocol then I might make it PS2 memory card compatible

kinda/something like this maybe?
http://www.2002.arspentia.org/tw/ps2/memory

Or something todally different?

Last edited by Guest on 26 May 2004 07:50:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 May 2004 05:06:59 pm    Post subject:

Something a little different, like pinouts, memory mappings, handshaking, etc.
Raster

Posted: 07 Jun 2004 09:56:50 pm    Post subject:

Well, that is a good Idea and there is a device that writes game saves on to a PS memory card its called a Dex Drive. Maybe it can be hacked and we can put files on it.
I think you can find it for $20 or even less at www.gameshark.com
agility
Calc Spammer

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jun 2004 07:11:37 am    Post subject:

Yes, I know about dex drive and the PS2 mem card reader and the like. But the whole point of this is for me to have built it myself not a hacked version of something else.

UPDATE: I have set a price range for Ice Write for the PC. If I get it patented it will be between $20-$30. If I get a new host to put my website on I should be able to make an online store for it.

Obviously no one's interested in this anymore... Neutral .

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2004 07:32:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement