This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Modifications => Calculator Hardware, Electronics, Robotics
Raster

Posted: 20 May 2004 07:31:27 pm    Post subject:

Well I dont know how to get the dang glue between the metal plate and the screen if someone can tell me how please.
NextPerception

Posted: 22 May 2004 12:08:45 am    Post subject:

glue? what glue? I never saw any glue on mine...
Neutral Neutral Is TI watching us figuring out how to make calculators harder for us to modify Neutral
by the way what type of backlighting are we talking about and by the way any pictures you have of this
[font="Geneva"]GLUE
would be helpful for foiling this evil TI plot
there is some info on using leds for backlighting at
the richfiles

[font="Veranda"]This post is in no way, shape, or form making any negative statment about Texas Instruments' Calculators and I am not affiliated with Texas Instruments in any way.

you better be good TI could be watching...

Last edited by Guest on 22 May 2004 12:19:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Raster

Posted: 22 May 2004 04:10:13 pm    Post subject:

well I have a TI-83 plus and there is this glue between tis metal plate the PC board and the screen I got it off the PC board but not the display and I dont wana put a knife and screw driver between that. But I have tested the diffrent chemicals he has and I found out ether works very well.
And I cant send a pic because I cant find a pic and I dont ave a server of server acount.
Raster

Posted: 22 May 2004 04:11:41 pm    Post subject:

Raster wrote:
well I have a TI-83 plus and there is this glue between tis metal plate the PC board and the screen I got it off the PC board but not the display and I dont wana put a knife and screw driver between that. But I have tested the diffrent chemicals he has and I found out ether works very well.
And I cant send a pic because I cant find a pic and I dont ave a server of server acount.

My dad's chemicals sry Im 14 if your wondering
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 May 2004 04:31:21 pm    Post subject:

How did you want to remove the glue? I'm guessing you want to dissolve it somehow with another liquid. Some clear glues can be removed using acetone (a key ingredient in nail polish remover). I'm not certain of what the effect of acetone is on copper traces.
Raster

Posted: 22 May 2004 04:36:55 pm    Post subject:

Well ether I tested it out and it didnt disolve the glue it just put it back in its state of form when it was first put on so itll just pop strait off and I just got some server space and heres a pic

GLUE...
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 May 2004 05:07:17 pm    Post subject:

It might be using some kind of commercial epoxy. The hardware stores might have some specialized desolvers. They're kind of harsh though.
Raster

Posted: 22 May 2004 05:23:05 pm    Post subject:

I tested the ether substance on the calcs glue holding the crystal display together and it doesnt do any effect so I say use an ether substace. (Methal ether Keyton, PC strip board solutions for photo sesitive PC boards stuff like that).

Wacko You may want to open a window while using tat stuff it can cause brain damage if long exposiour to te fums Wacko
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2004 04:53:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You may want to open a window while using tat stuff it can cause brain damage if long exposiour to te fums
Which quickly becomes apparent in your spelling.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 May 2004 04:52:24 pm    Post subject:

I used a thin piece of plastic like a credit card to slowly lever the pieces apart, then used a standard adhesive remover to get the stickyness/dirtiness off.
NextPerception

Posted: 26 May 2004 02:24:03 pm    Post subject:

my calculator must be an older version of the ti83+ because mine just had a thing kind of like a metal latch holding it together...
Raster

Posted: 26 May 2004 04:36:34 pm    Post subject:

Metal latch? can I see a pic?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement