This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
[internet name]

Posted: 18 Jun 2004 05:44:58 pm    Post subject:

Hooray!!! Today, I finally finished flawlessly handling programs that run in windows. Making programs that run in windows is now very easy. Any semi-expirienced asm programmer can do it. Also the shell is almost complete. All I need to do now, is fix up the options menu and write some programs for it and I can release it!!!! :D

Does anybody want me to add something to it before it is done?
Does anyone want to learn how to program window programs for CompOS?
robertak

Posted: 18 Jun 2004 09:16:29 pm    Post subject:

does this mean it can run any program in a window??

Quote:
Does anyone want to learn how to program window programs for CompOS?
i do! Very Happy
JeePee

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 06:13:37 am    Post subject:

It sounds cool! I'd like to learn Razz A new experience doesn't hurt you... Cool
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 08:04:24 am    Post subject:

Cool, could you post the source code to make a window display "HELLO UTI!" I'd like to see how it works, and hello world is getting old. : )
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 03:03:01 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='[internet name'],Jun 18 2004, 10:44 PM] Hooray!!! Today, I finally finished flawlessly handling programs that run in windows. Making programs that run in windows is now very easy. Any semi-expirienced asm programmer can do it. Also the shell is almost complete. All I need to do now, is fix up the options menu and write some programs for it and I can release it!!!! :D

Does anybody want me to add something to it before it is done?
Does anyone want to learn how to program window programs for CompOS?[/quote]
Cool! May I point out that Doors CS offers similar tools, namely:

SmallWindow (Like a dialog box)
SmallWindowErase

LargeWindow
LargeWindowErase

etc.
MissingIntellect

Posted: 19 Jun 2004 11:24:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to compare it to Win32 controls but it'd be nice if you had some things. Like a standard dialog box. Provide the message and call it, and voila.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jun 2004 02:16:59 am    Post subject:

What kind of messages can windows respond to?
rebel.socom

Posted: 20 Jun 2004 04:11:36 pm    Post subject:

ouch. some one test compos with basic avalanch. there is topic in the basic section about avalanch. theres tons of " double quoutes on the screen.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jun 2004 08:42:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Jun 2004 02:48:23 am    Post subject:

Please explain how that relates in any way to this topic, if you manage to do that I'll give you a cookie and won't delete that post.
[internet name]

Posted: 21 Jun 2004 04:47:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm currently touching up the os so the beta version will be ready for release. I can't post the routines yet (I'm pretty busy right now), but I will post source and show you what programming for compos is like. By the way, the basic parser is messed up. I can't seem to fix it.

Here is the code for a simple program. When posted, it says hello world in the window, and has the os put a name for it in the title bar which is "FIRST". Also when you click it, it alerts (pop-up style) that you clicked it. Finally, when you close it, it says goodbye. Since I could not get the tab to work, I used "--------" instead. (all coordinates are relative to the bottom left corner of the WINDOW not the screen)

testprgm:
--------dw testend-testprgm-2 ;size of program
--------db 0,0 ;in reality it will be the (asmcomp) two byte token
--------ret ;so tios will not run the program
--------db "WIN" ;identifies it as a window program
prgmstart:
--------cp 0 ;if a=0, it is being called as a subroutine
--------ret z
--------cp 1 ;if a=1, this the first time the program is loaded
--------jr z,tpload
--------cp 2 ;if a=2, the program is forced to exit
--------jr z,tpexit
--------cp 3 ;if a=3, the program was clicked somewhere in the window
-------- jr z,tpclick
tpload:
-------- ld b,1
-------- ld c,10
-------- ld hl,tphi
--------call winputscss ;display small text in the window with bc = x,y and
-------- ;hl points to the string
-------- ld hl,tpname
-------- call namewindow ;put name (at hl) in the title bar
-------- ret
tpexit:
-------- ld hl,tpbye
-------- call alert ;make a popup with the text at hl
-------- ret
tpclick:
-------- ld hl,tpclk
-------- call alert ;make a popup with the text at hl
-------- ret
tpname:
-------- db "FIRST",0
tphi:
-------- db "HELLO WORLD",0
tpbye:
-------- db "GOODBYE",0
tpclk:
-------- db " YOU "
-------- db "CLICKED ME",0
testend:

Again, I will post a documentary as soon as I can. How else could I make things easier?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Jun 2004 12:43:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I will post a documentary as soon as I can

You mean *documentation* ? Laughing
[internet name]

Posted: 29 Jun 2004 11:04:59 pm    Post subject:

Yes, you are correct. A documentation. I am sorry I have been busy lately, I have been preparing for the national fencing tournament. After that I can work on it more.
[internet name]

Posted: 19 Jul 2004 01:36:39 pm    Post subject:

I have just encountered another problem. My emulator says my batteries are low when I test a specific part of compos. How can I fix that? Also, just out of curiosity, what are Tstates? They appear in both the flash debugger and in the 28day tutorial.
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Jul 2004 02:17:48 pm    Post subject:

Time. 1 T State = 1 Clock cycle = approx. 1/6,000,000 seconds

So you can execute 1.5 million NOPs in one second.
[internet name]

Posted: 20 Jul 2004 10:18:45 pm    Post subject:

Thank you sigma. I also fixed the low batt bug. I was accidentially deleting too much ram. I must have tripped some sort of flag.

I am planning on posting a desktop design contest. Before I just start, though, I would like to know the best way to go about doing so. If I use one of the pictures, I will put the creator in the credits. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
sgm

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Jul 2004 04:34:08 pm    Post subject:

Ask people to submit images of layouts until a certain date, then pick the best one?
[internet name]

Posted: 21 Jul 2004 10:28:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, you are right. I was just wondering if there is a way I can announce it instead of getting only people who read my post involved.
[internet name]

Posted: 23 Jul 2004 01:37:17 pm    Post subject:

OK! I don't know how to announce this effectively. The current desktop picture is not very good. I am making a contest for desktop pictures for CompOS. Keep in mind that there will be a 5 pixel tall bar at the bottom, and icons will all be on the right, so make sure there is space allowed. If necessary, I might re-format the pic a little, but I will still give you credit if I use yours. ALL PICTURES MUST BE BLACK AND WHITE. THEY MUST BE 64 PIXELS TALL AND 96 PIXELS WIDE. You can send me any number of pics, but dont bombard me with them.

E-Mail the pictures to uraniuman@comcast.net
[internet name]

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 12:52:32 pm    Post subject:

I have been gone for a while, and want to say that I finished the beta version of CompOS. It is a whole lot better than the last one that is posted. If anyone expresses interest, I can post it. It takes some work to post it, and I am kind of lazy right now. Second, I am thinking about porting it to work with an 89. Does anyone think this might be possible?
Brazucs
I have no idea what my avatar is.

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 02:04:48 pm    Post subject:

Porting it to work with an 89? Please do.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement