This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 08:05:09 pm    Post subject:

I ran some basic progs i made with mirage *:"TEXT)* in the beginning, i found that the inputs did not work %100 and such, i exited mirage to set my programs back on it archive, i noticed the the y4 and some other ones had an extreme size: ranging between 22,000-25,000 bytes.
i went into the y= area where u put in some data to graph and looked at y4 and it had a bunch of code in it like the kind u see when u unlock an asm prog and look at it with the built in editor. Anyway i pressed "clear" button and then it started to clear than the screen color inverted with the text described above and frooze.
i took out the batts, and put them back in and it reset ram, of cource i lost all data that was on my RAM and lost a program i've been working on for about a month, on and off... I also noticed some programs that were VERY large in size stored on the calc after running mirage (i check cuz it doesn't always put the progs back on archive) Very stange things have occured on my calc when using mirage...
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 11:05:43 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. I need to figure out how that works and tell some people to do it. Laughing (I'm just kidding, by the way.)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 01 May 2004 12:25:04 am    Post subject:

I think there are like 100 topics about it at DS...
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2004 02:47:08 am    Post subject:

i had that too, the y4 had ahuge size. It also happened to pic1.

And of course, Mirage cleared my Ram al the time. With Mario 1.2 loaded, it would clear my RAM every hour (really true!)

I think that's just because it's ASM. The reason that the Y4 is so huge because it has like a million numbers in it, saw it in the y= screen.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2004 11:14:41 am    Post subject:

If you reset the RAM, or, (I'm not sure about this latter), defaults, the large programs should disappear, even if they were archived.
I'd say the best thing to do with mirage is to Not Use It For Basic Programs. They will mess up, especially if you use Input, Prompt, or Goto.
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 May 2004 10:17:19 pm    Post subject:

I found that out the hard way.... I guess for some people it's the only way...
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 May 2004 09:47:57 am    Post subject:

sometimes my programs have sin-1( instead of : in an output command. Does someone know why, and how to stop this, cuz it's very annoying to change that all the time.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement