This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 08:34:56 pm    Post subject:

as i walk down the halls of my school i see cables strung between tables and lockers, people trying to get the greatest mario levels, the new race games,bowling, it doesn't matter, everyone just want to play in class, but the teachers try everything in there power to keep just that from happening, they even reset all mem now. I think this could all be eliminated if one could make an asm program that put games into a special "shroud" of ram that was ignored by the system reset stuff, but could be accesed thru a password for easy new program inclusion

that bothers me, that someone lacks foresight so much that they say "screw this, this class sucks, im not doing anything" just to see them in the class again the next year, (i ask him alot if it sucks worse this year Laughing) IF YOU HATE IT GET IT DONE WITH! phew, im done

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2004 07:53:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 12:19:32 am    Post subject:

this could be worked into DOS....esspesially on the SEs...they have some unused pages of RAM...just write an interrupt to keep the pages from getting switched in until you enter a password (or hit ON+something)

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2004 12:20:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 09:23:04 am    Post subject:

Well, with DOS, couldn't you just p-word protect the whole calc?

Anyways, with DOS, the teacher would prolly not know what to do to clear ram...

Teacher: Calculator?!?!?! Give it here now!
Student: NO!
*Teacher takes calc by force*
*Teacher presses [2nd][MEM]*
*Nothing*
Teacher: WT[Heck]!?!?!?! Wink
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 10:17:49 am    Post subject:

Are all of your teachers members of some kind of anti-calculator cult or something?

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2004 10:17:59 am; edited 1 time in total
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 10:47:19 am    Post subject:

my maths teacher takes your cable if he sees you with it... He did it a total of 3 times in my class. He caught me... 3 times Rolling Eyes

My economics teacher takes my calc at the beginning of every lesson since last week. I need it!! He thinks i'm going to play games on it Surprised (he;s probably right), i think that's the main reason teachers take them. They never cleared memory in my class though, but we only have it 50 days or so. (and im already in my second set of batteries Razz)
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 10:51:42 am    Post subject:

At least our teachers are smart, if you want to waste your time with games you may, just don't be surprised when you start failing tests.

You're not going to school for them, you're going for yourself.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2004 10:51:56 am; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 04:47:48 pm    Post subject:

Math teachers are as a rule pretty fair about that sort of thing. If you can maintain a 105% average in the class playing games, you can do that, if you fail doing that it's your problem.
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 05:10:40 pm    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:
At least our teachers are smart, if you want to waste your time with games you may, just don't be surprised when you start failing tests.

yeah, my teacher has it that as long as you do not disrupt any1 else, you can do almost anything (read a book...play games on calc...etc.), but she doesnt care if we do that and then make a low grade on a test. when any1's parents call to ask "why is my son's/daughter's grade so low!?!?!" she just says that he was doing xyxyx in her class.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Apr 2004 05:12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 05:27:43 pm    Post subject:

That depends from teacher to teacher. My french teacher acts like her goal is to give us as low a grade as possible while making us feel bored, miserable, and missing our calcs the whole time.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 05:35:33 pm    Post subject:

My math teacher knows how to reset calculators, and even get past password protections on most. Thought it's been a while since I've played games in math...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 05:41:08 pm    Post subject:

Cool teacher! Can she get past the MirageOS mem protection?
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 11:19:40 pm    Post subject:

Jeremiah Walgren wrote:
My math teacher knows how to reset calculators, and even get past password protections on most.  Thought it's been a while since I've played games in math...

there will be no way around DOS pw protection... Smile
even pulling batts wont delete your programs.
leofox
INF student

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 03:11:56 am    Post subject:

Arcane Wizard wrote:

ahhh, i want you're teachers!!!

My teachers want me to do my homework and stuff, and pay attention, even though they know i'll get good marks when i do absolutely nothing.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Apr 2004 04:07:09 pm    Post subject:

You'll get zeros if you don't do homework.

In middle school and high school, math teachers seem to take your word (and your test grade) for whether you did your homework.
Babyboy

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 May 2004 07:49:57 pm    Post subject:

i had an old sience teacher that let us do anything, we didn't even have to stay in the room, he said the first day, "i ain't here to control you, its 9th grade, you know how to be a student, i dont care what you do, just don't bother anyone else" the people that left, are now in it for a second time Laughing
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2004 10:46:07 am    Post subject:

What was the science class? Biology, Chemistry, Physics?
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2004 12:53:47 pm    Post subject:

There is a way to bypass the mirage password protect...even when the memory is locked! When it promps you for the password, take out a bettery and leave it out for a sec. Put it back in, and you will see the ram clear text, Press clear, now go into the memory and scroll all the way down till u see the mirage os app and it's file. DELETE THE FILE (smaller size) 42-94 bytes. Now run mirage and it's like u just installed it on the calc...
I know this cuz i forgot the password once, messed with it for a while.... Then i figured causing a ram clear and deleting the information file mirage stores on creates a new file with defualt options.... VERY helpful for you and when some people forget they're password, i hope this don't get out too far because for the teachers that DON'T know how to bypass it i want to keep them NOT KNOWING...

Last edited by Guest on 02 May 2004 12:57:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2004 05:15:41 pm    Post subject:

There are many ways to cause a ram clear... one of the simplest is the self-test, or an empty asm program...
JeePee

Posted: 03 May 2004 10:06:44 am    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
There are many ways to cause a ram clear... one of the simplest is the self-test, or an empty asm program...

But you can't use that method while you're mirage-protection on start-up is set.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 03 May 2004 04:13:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, yeah. Or you could just try the person's birthday (if you know it).
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement