This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Contra 83

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 May 2004 09:10:06 pm    Post subject:

----------------------------------------
Contra Update!!

-Upgraded the speed a great ordeal I would say, by using some new tricks and ideas that I came up with, it improved the gameplay alot I think.
-Did alot of optimization which tied into my speed upgrade and I noticed alot of space consumption that was unnecsessary so I fuxed it Very Happy
-Engine Almost done

----------------------------------------

Oh and as far as I know, I am not gonna port this to ASM, b/c Id rather have people wowd by the BASIC version Smile, instead of it being overshadowed by the ASM version.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 May 2004 09:47:00 pm    Post subject:

-Adding a save feature to save your game progress for later use, Its an awesome new addition
-Adding a pause menu to easily navigate through the game, will include the save option and a level reset option
-Fixing a large bug of frame start locations

GOING VERY WELL!!!!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 May 2004 01:26:27 pm    Post subject:

Will it do an Archive (level) in there? and then Unarchive (level)? maybe not such a good idea, but would be cool for saving... maybe an option to archive levels and options and such?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 May 2004 02:28:38 pm    Post subject:

That's impossible in pure basic, though I think it will work in a Basic program if you use Mirage.
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 May 2004 03:53:56 pm    Post subject:

The saving is very simple it only needs to save 5 peices of info.

1. Score
2. Lives
3. Continues
4. Level
5. Frame

The save will basically just make the person restart the frame that they were on that way I dont have to wrrie about the enemies or mines and stuff like that. It only requires a 5 cell list to save.

----------------------------------------------------------------
-Adding high score feature where the user can place 1-5 on high score list
-Adding loading routines
Blackwolf189

Posted: 13 May 2004 07:16:09 pm    Post subject:

in my 9th grade there are about 60 people (private school). about 15 people haven't had their calculator stolen and we all blame this one girl (behind her back). Well i had lost 2 calculators before this and my dad had bought me a blue one. I'm the only one in the lower/middle/high school on our campus to have a blue calculator. Well my blue calculator went missing 3 weeks before finals. I didn't believe that i had lost it and after a week of searching high and low i knew i hadn't. well, im a very outspoken person who speaks his mind, a week and a day after the calc went missing, i went to the girl that we believe steals them and gave her a piece of my mind. I cursed numerous times (u can guess the names i called her) and told her to give me back my god**** calculator, threating her and such. I did this for the full 10 hours i was with her (had a baseball game and shes the scorekeeper) i especally gave her hell at the baseball game. well, my calculator turned up the next day in the place i had looked the most, under all the backpacks kept in the ninth grade hallway. This assures me that she had it probably thinking that it was pretty and i wouldnt notice. except for the fact that my calculator is BLUE. u cant lose a blue calculator in a school full of black ones. plus this has happened before after a friend of mine teased the suspect and her calc went missing. After apologizing her calc was found the next day.
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 13 May 2004 10:13:00 pm    Post subject:

that was mean
Keith Pierce

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 May 2004 01:18:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
in my 9th grade there are about 60 people (private school). about 15 people haven't had their calculator stolen and we all blame this one girl (behind her back). Well i had lost 2 calculators before this and my dad had bought me a blue one. I'm the only one in the lower/middle/high school on our campus to have a blue calculator. Well my blue calculator went missing 3 weeks before finals. I didn't believe that i had lost it and after a week of searching high and low i knew i hadn't. well, im a very outspoken person who speaks his mind, a week and a day after the calc went missing, i went to the girl that we believe steals them and gave her a piece of my mind. I cursed numerous times (u can guess the names i called her) and told her to give me back my god**** calculator, threating her and such. I did this for the full 10 hours i was with her (had a baseball game and shes the scorekeeper) i especally gave her hell at the baseball game. well, my calculator turned up the next day in the place i had looked the most, under all the backpacks kept in the ninth grade hallway. This assures me that she had it probably thinking that it was pretty and i wouldnt notice. except for the fact that my calculator is BLUE. u cant lose a blue calculator in a school full of black ones. plus this has happened before after a friend of mine teased the suspect and her calc went missing. After apologizing her calc was found the next day.

Why would you do that? You need to prove that she stole it before blaming the girl!

Quote:
that was mean

yeah it was!
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2004 02:02:20 pm    Post subject:

Why don't people just ask anymore these days?
Blackwolf189

Posted: 14 May 2004 02:27:16 pm    Post subject:

mean or not i got my calculator back, plus i never liked her in the first place.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2004 03:34:17 pm    Post subject:

Pathetic. You do not deserve to have your calculator back. How hard would it have been just to ask for it?
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 14 May 2004 05:21:20 pm    Post subject:

lol
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2004 05:23:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm serious.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2004 05:30:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
After apologizing her calc was found the next day.
So you'd probably get yours back after going out with her.
Blackwolf189

Posted: 14 May 2004 06:25:58 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin its common sense man. after she stole it (its no longer a question whether she did or not) and i asked for it back do u think she would give it back? Isnt the point of stealing something to keep it? Its after she got threatened 2 get in trouble that i got my calc back. nice one arcane wizard.

Last edited by Guest on 14 May 2004 06:27:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 May 2004 06:29:42 pm    Post subject:

She's probably just trying to get some attention, that's what most kids are.

And you can't say asking would never work because you never tried, did you?

Last edited by Guest on 14 May 2004 06:30:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 May 2004 01:38:41 pm    Post subject:

If she wouldn't have given it back when you asked for it, do you really think threatening her would make such an impression on her? I wouldn't care (not that I'd steal your calc in the first place).
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 May 2004 02:27:47 pm    Post subject:

I think she'd care if you'd have a 12 gauge shotgun aimed at her head.
Blackwolf189

Posted: 15 May 2004 06:09:24 pm    Post subject:

if someone threatened to get me expelled i would give back the calc
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 May 2004 06:16:17 pm    Post subject:

How would she get expelled though, unless she admits she stole the calc they aren't going to do it. And politely asking (properly said Very Happy) gets the expulsion message across without being rude.

Last edited by Guest on 15 May 2004 06:16:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement