This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Annihilation

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 07:02:48 pm    Post subject:

I am an owner of a TI 83+ calculator and all has been going well. Until just yesterday, that is. I recieved a program called... Krolypto, Kalypso, something to that effect (It is a password protection APP which protects on startup, prgm, mem mngmnt, etc, etc, etc), and now, my calculator refuses to turn on. Well, actually, I lied, it does turn on, and about half a second later, it turns itself off. No amount of button mashing seems to prolong the effect. I have taken out the batteries, and backup batteries, but it is still fried. Sad A friend of mine (Lets call him CRB) is an expert on calculators, but I, however, am not (I know how to make programs, but not well. I also don't actively go and look for programs, etc.). He is the "tech support" of another friend of mine (Lets call him Fred, there are too many [he's] now Laughing ), who is just starting to get into making programs for calculators. He somehow manages to magically get rid of the huge crashes Fred makes. An example is when Fred made his calculator run a program, which nothing would happen until you tried to press the Enter button again. Then once you pressed the exit button, it modified something and it made your calculator load and keep loading some imaginary program it thought was there (the effect was it just sitting there with the [Asm(PrgmA..... Done] on the screen). Even when you turned the calculator off, it still was trying to load it. The program effectively froze your calculator, but you could still turn it on (and take the batteries out to turn it off). Apparently, there is a way CRB fixes it and gets the problem gone. He always turns around so that we can't see what he is doing, but he does it too quickly to be taking out the backup battery. I know that he takes out at least one battery. I have read on some other thread on this site that pressing [ON] while taking out a battery does something, but for me, there is no evidence of it working.

Wow, what a huge post. Oh well, I hope you guys can think of something! Laughing Laughing
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 07:50:08 pm    Post subject:

if there is nothing of great value, take out a battery, press and hold [on]+[clear], and reinsert the battery. it should wipe RAM, Archive, and i think the OS. just get the OS from CRB's calc.

welcome to UnitedTI!
come join DragonFire Programming
we arent strickly programming, we even have an online arcade.
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Apr 2004 11:39:58 am    Post subject:

Actually Darth after a calc reset. Holding On+Clear when turning the calc forces the calc to not create the vat entries for each program or variable that may still be on the calc.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Apr 2004 10:10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 01:22:25 pm    Post subject:

ah, ok. that makes sense.
X1011

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 02:20:51 pm    Post subject:

try DEL+ON

Last edited by Guest on 08 Apr 2004 02:21:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 08 Apr 2004 02:27:43 pm    Post subject:

Have you tried holding the [ON] button down? Does it stay on if you do that?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement