This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Bluefire

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 10:03:14 pm    Post subject:

hi, unlike all my other projects, this one is going to be completed!
I am planning on making wario ware for the calc.
For those of you who dont know what wario ware is, it is a game for the GBA that basically has tons on 7 sec minigames where it displays one word that u have to figure out what it is telling you and do it before the 7 secs runs out
EX:The screen displays Collect! and you see a bunch of coins and a wario dude, u have uto move the wario dude to collect all the coins, simple but addictive!

Since this game has hundreds of minigames and i cant possibly make them all, i am taking submissions Laughing

Requirements:
If you beat the game, it adds one to the variable S
If you lose it subtracts one from R unless R is one then goto LO

A single word displayed in the beginning of the minigame summing up what u have to do.

a 7 second timer displayed throughtout you game, which, when it runs out, if u havent completed the objective, u lose

Must be in BASIC but can be on the homescreen but preferably on te graphscreen

If you have a submission either post here or contact me using one of my contacts below |
V

Last edited by Guest on 19 Apr 2004 08:22:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ISUCK

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 11:01:31 pm    Post subject:

So is it going to be in basic? I'm guessing if good graphics are wanted, this could equal really slow, or a lot of sub programs... Asm would probably be good... maybe there are a fewpreset minigames, but people can like add them.. but to make sure the vat doesn't like make you loose a lot of ram (you know, 12b for everyprogram) you could like make a requirement of a package of 10 in one file... but still... ok i'm done talking... (cause i m t yping tis sorta fst, it moight not be understandable)

but i wish you good luck on this game, when i first palyed it, i was like : HOYL CRAP> THATS funny!
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 11:27:15 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a good game. Hope you get it completed!

And, if you can, try to do it in assembly. Even if you don't know it, at least it'll give you an excuse to learn it. Laughing
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 12:25:03 am    Post subject:

Well i'm going to make a few. Here's the ideas I had:

A simon-type game.
That "collect" game he described.
A fast-pressing enter game.
A reaction-based game.
A falling/tunnel game.
Maybe a Snake game, but I don't know if it would work with the size and time it takes to play (more than 7 seconds)
Whak-a-mole type game.
patori

Posted: 18 Mar 2004 11:57:38 am    Post subject:

I think it might be better as an app...
Bluefire

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 09:56:32 am    Post subject:

ok well this project i want to have the whole UTI community working together on, and remember optimize the games for size so that we can have packs of 100 games Laughing
Jedd
1980 Pong World Champion

Elite

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 11:16:08 am    Post subject:

Dude I wouldn't aim for 100. There's almost no way that 100 games (even really small ones) could fit on the calc. Also, I doubt we can think of ideas for 100 games. And about everyone working on it, I'll try to op my games, but you're going to have to go back theough all of them and op them yourself, since you're the one running this project. I really think this is possible though, so let's start working on it.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 11:34:42 am    Post subject:

It would work if every game was around 200 bytes. (without using any archiving stuff that doesn't work on the normal Ti83 since it doesn't have an archive)

You could write 100 guessing games. :D

EDIT: w00t! 2.5k posts.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Mar 2004 11:35:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Bluefire

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 04:16:05 pm    Post subject:

yes but we can get ideas for 100 games because i own the true wario ware with probably 300+ games and secondly im probably eventually going to make this an app
JesusFreak
JesusFreak

Posted: 22 Mar 2004 11:01:30 pm    Post subject:

I got a prgm that you press a random button, but on, and you gain points by if it is pass or it stops on fail, there are 5 level types (more fails, and less passes, but more points per pass. And has 5 high scores for each lv
Bluefire

Posted: 13 Apr 2004 07:29:47 pm    Post subject:

well i would just like everyone to know this project is not dead! im still working on it and would greatly appreciate any games donated to this project! i have about 10 games and need more desperately! (it takes a while to find a few game's bugs)
oh and btw be sure to set all ur variables in the beginning of ur game

Last edited by Guest on 19 Apr 2004 08:25:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement