This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
b__

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 08:05:04 pm    Post subject:

I was bored yesterday so i was trying to make different 3D graphs on my calculator. I went to zoom in and it had an error. I was curious to see what it would say if i pressed goto, then my screen turned bright blue. It wasn't blackish blue it was BRIGHT blue. I immediately took the batteries out of my calculator, restored my mem with omnicalc, uninstalled and deleted that piece of ###### graphing program. Its crashed my calculator 3 times, but this is the first time my screen turned blue. Did this happen to anyone else?
BTW its an app in case you didn't know.
b__

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 08:06:21 pm    Post subject:

What did it censor? I didn't even swear. I wrote ###### (which is only 4 letters, not 6)
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 09:09:20 pm    Post subject:

the c word is sensored... in asm, if u send the highest value possible directly to the LCD port, then the lcd turns blue...
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 02:51:09 am    Post subject:

That's not very good for the lcd screen is it ?
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 04:01:51 am    Post subject:

There are very few words that are censored.

I am thinking about uncensoring some of them too.

The words parser is not all bad.

Type c-a-l-c without the - signs to get calculator.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jun 2003 04:04:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Justin W.
Shattered Silence

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 08:39:12 am    Post subject:

In a short period of time there will be no real harm to your calculator. If you fail to remove the batteries and let it stay like that for a long period of time it can cause pixels to burn out or you LCD to leak fluid.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 02:12:42 pm    Post subject:

ya, which is no fun! you would need a new calculator, and i dont know if ti would pay for it (warranty...)!
b__

Posted: 20 Jun 2003 05:48:36 pm    Post subject:

I doubt ti would pay for it.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement