This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Contra 83 => Your Projects
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Mar 2004 09:53:04 pm    Post subject:

Well, everything was going just peachy. I was getting levels done, making the engine better, faster, and more compact. But then I did something stupid, something REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid. I was working on contra, and I realized that I forgot to put mirage OS on my calc so I could type lowercase. So I bring a calc that had all my stuff on it, but I had not used very often, and I try to send Mirage OS to my calc. It says I need an updated OS, so I said "sure why not?" and I click ok. It gives my v1.16. About 5% into the process, my stupid self realizes that contra, and the level editor, were not backed up or archived. So basically this is what happened, everything I added to contra, ever since the demo release, has been deleted. I have been set back by at least a week, and I am sorry to bring such bad news to you. But It really wont take that much time to bring back to life, at least its not totally gone Very Happy

Now for the good news, we had all discussed possiblities of a Contra level editor, or something to atleast aid maing levels for downloaders. Well I started coding a little test idea I had, and now Its become my main priority, I actually made it so you can adjust, place, and delete lines. It then converts them into the right 8 digit number, stores it into a list and allows you to add nmes, water, weapon upgrades, and mines. Its very cool how I did it and Its going very well. So when its done it will allow me to make frames super fast, and speed up the whole level making process, so in a way, all this mess has helped out Contra a bit. So basically a frame editor will be released along tih contra, that will allow users to make their own levels, after reading a tutorial on my site. Its very fast and is real easy to use. Very Happy Very Happy

Im shooting for mid April for the release date!!!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Mar 2004 10:37:24 pm    Post subject:

You really started to scare me at that part where you said you forgot to backup those files! (A alot of very promising projects have faded out this way). It's a very good thing you didn't put all your eggs in one basket and decided to backup the demo. I'm still trying to visualize the new-and-improved level editor. Got any eyecandy for us? Laughing
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 06:13:27 pm    Post subject:

is it a lever creator or editor?

and, screenshots do sound very nice Laughing

Last edited by Guest on 15 Mar 2004 06:13:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
X1011

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 07:51:59 pm    Post subject:

Adm.Wiggin wrote:
is it a lever creator or editor?

Isn't that the same thing?
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 09:23:49 pm    Post subject:

No, a creator would make new levels only. An Editor would edit AND create new levels.

(reason, Definition of Creator/Editor - http://www.dictionary.com/)

Last edited by Guest on 15 Mar 2004 09:24:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 Mar 2004 11:03:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Erm... A little patronizing, don't you think? Wink
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 04:48:50 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
Quote:

Erm... A little patronizing, don't you think? Wink

always...

the way i see it, if you have that resource availiable easily by pressing [Ctrl]+N, then use it!

lol
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 11:39:10 pm    Post subject:

yes, but i have tried to find a definition for many words i know exist but fail at that site.
X1011

Posted: 03 Apr 2004 11:05:43 am    Post subject:

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dic...ionaryhome.aspx
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 03 Apr 2004 03:38:39 pm    Post subject:

this is getting may off topic. i know i helped, but lets try to get it back on topic.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement