This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Awesome1

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Mar 2004 09:04:16 pm    Post subject:

did u guys learn basic on ur own time or did u have it taught to you. I know most of it is experience but in general how did u guys start?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Mar 2004 06:49:22 am    Post subject:

Awesome1 wrote:
did u guys learn basic on ur own time or did u have it taught to you. I know most of it is experience but in general how did u guys start?
Learned Basic for the Commodore64 first (my dad teached me this when I was 10 I think), then went on to QBasic and learned a lot from tutorials and sites (learned most form the help file though, looking up commands and their syntaxes). At this point I knew enough to make a 3D space shooter in QBasic.

When I bought this calc, all I had to do was turn it on, create a program (no, I didn't have to learn how to do this, and I had never used a Ti83 or anything like it before) press [prgm] and look at the commands. I then knew enough to start making games.

That evening I skipped through the manual, and I've only learned some little things like optimisation since.

I'm extremely rusty in QBasic now though.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Mar 2004 06:52:08 am; edited 1 time in total
X1011

Posted: 07 Mar 2004 05:46:28 pm    Post subject:

I learned it first on my 82, mostly by reading the manual and just trying stuff. Now I'm learning it on my dad's old TI-99/4A.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement